North Wales Area Library
What’s happening at the North Wales Area Library, 233 S. Swartley St., North Wales. 215-S99-541M; www.northwaleslibrary.org. KIDS’ PROGRAMS: • Tuesday Story Hour: 1M to 11 a.m. For ages P to S. Oct. 30: Fall ealloween theme.
• Baby’s First Book: A gift of literacy from the iibrary sponsored by First kiagara, the PA lne Book bvery Young Child 2M12 selection, “Stop Snoring, Bernard!,” is presented to each baby born to a library patron. This statewide effort encourages adults to share and talk about books and stories with children. Please stop by or call the library with the name and birth date of any new baby in your household.
• Lego Club: This new club will meet each Thursday afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m. The korth Penn eigh School hey Club will be overseeing and help engineer iego creations. ko fee. iego donations welcome. iimited to children in third grade and up!
FAMILY DAY PROGRAMS: Storytimes: • Who Let the Dogs In?: Oct. 27 from 1M:PM to 11:PM a.m. Children will read to a trained therapy dog. Sign-up required.
• Special Needs Story Time: Nov. 17 and Dec. 15 from 1M:PM to 11 a.m. Children with special needs Eall ages) and siblings are welcome to attend. The stories and music will be geared toward ages 2 to S and the environment will be sensory friendly.
• Makin’ Music: Nov. 28 and Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. bxperience Rockin’ Rhythms at this music enrichment program. All are welcome.
• Friday Story Hour: All ages are invited each Friday from 2 to P p.m. in the library. TEEN PROGRAMS: • Teen Club — Every Wednesday in October from 7:PM to 8:PM p.m. bnjoy a good book, movie or game with friends. Ask at the circulation desk about checking out an eReader loaded with book choices. ADULT PROGRAMS: • Adults Discuss Books: lne Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for A1M each. Nov. 20: “The Secret Daughter,” by ShilpiSomaya-dowda.
• Movie Time: Nov. 26: “The eelp.”
• AARP Driver Safety Classroom Course: Nov. 27 and 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. For drivers 5M+. iearn proven strategies to help maintain yRuU FRQfiGHQFH EHKLQG WKH wheel, and get a great discount on your car insurance. Free to military veterans and their dependents. lthers welcome for a fee of A12 for AARP members, A14 for non-AARP members.
• American Sign Language: Every Thursday through Nov. 29 from S:PM to 8:PM p.m. Registration is required. Call S1M-SM4M45M.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: First and third tednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Detecting Women Book Discussion Program: This PA eumanities Council sponsored program will be held in the library community rooms from 1 to P p.m. ko fee; books provided on a fiUVW-FRPH, fiUVW-VHUYHG EDVLV.
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join WKH NQLWWHUV Ey WKH fiUHSODFH each Tuesday beginning at 1M a.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m.
• Mahjong Group — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:PM p.m. in the main library. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are available for free through the library! Books are compatible with all kooks, hindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction VKHHW IRU yRuU VSHFLfiF GHvice, all you need is a current library card! eaving trouble getting started? Stop by the library any Monday after 5 p.m. for one-on-one help.
• Blood Pressure Screening — 1 to 2 p.m. fourth Tuesday afternoon of each month. The kP Visiting kurse Association will offer free blood pressure screening at the iibrary. ko appointment or fee. FUNDRAISING: • High Tea at the Library: Nov. 10 at noon. The luncheon includes soup, tea sandwiches, desserts, the nueen’s Diamond Jubilee Tea and entertainment. Fee: A25.
• Adopt-A-Brick — For A1MM, an engraved brick will be installed at the Veterans Memorial Flag Pole. lrder forms available at the library.
• Byers Choice — StoryTeller is available for sale at the library. A7M/each plus A1M if shipping is needed.
• Donate your car to the North Wales Area Library — The library will EHQHfiW IURP WKH SURFHHGV RI the sale or salvage of your vehicle and your donation is tax deductable. Contact Point Service Center and tell them you want to donate your vehicle to the ktAi. Arrangements will be made to tow your vehicle, if necessary, at no cost to you. Call Point Service Center at 215S99-TfRb E847P) or email email@example.com.