North Wales Area Library
What’s happening at the North Wales Area Library, 233 S. Swartley St., North Wales. 215-699-5410; www.northwaleslibrary.org. KIDS’ PROGRAMS: • Tuesday Story Hour: 10 to 11 a.m. For ages 3 to 6.
• Baby’s First Book: A gift of literacy from the Library sponsored by First Niagara, the PA One Book Every voung Child 2012 selection, “Stop Snoring, Bernard!,” is presented to each baby born to a library patron. This statewide effort encourages adults to share and talk about books and stories with children. Please stop by or call the library with the name and birth date of any new baby in your household.
• Lego Club: This new club will meet each Thursday afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m. The North Penn High School Key Club will be overseeing and help engineer Lego creations. No fee. Lego donations welcome. Limited to children in third grade and up!
FAMILY DAY PROGRAMS: Storytimes: • Special Needs Story Time: Nov. 17 and Dec. 15 from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Children with special needs (all ages) and siblings are welcome to attend. The stories and music will be geared toward ages 2 to 6 and the environment will be sensory friendly.
• Makin’ Music: Nov. 28 and Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. Experience Rockin’ Rhythms at this music enrichment program. All are welcome.
• Friday Story Hour: All ages are invited each Friday from 2 to 3 p.m. in the library.
ADULT PROGRAMS: • Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for A10 each. Nov. 20: “The Secret Daughter,” by ShilpiSomaya-Gowda.
• Movie Time: Nov. 26: “The Help.”
• AARP Driver Safety Classroom Course: Nov. 27 and 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. For drivers 50H. Learn proven strategies to help maintain your FRQfiGHQFH EHKLQG WKH wKHHO, and get a great discount on your car insurance. Free to military veterans and their dependents. Others welcome for a fee of A12 for AARP members, A14 for non-AARP members.
• American Sign Language: Every Thursday through Nov. 29 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Registration is required. Call 610-604-0450.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: First and third Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Detecting Women Book Discussion Program: This PA Humanities Council sponsored program will be held in the library community rooms from 1 to 3 p.m. No fee; books provided on a fiUsW-FRPH, fiUsW-sHUYHG EDsLs.
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join the knitters Ey WKH fiUHSODFH HDFK 7uHsGDy beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mexican Train Domi- noes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m.
• Mahjong Group — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are avail- able for free through the library! Books are compatible with all Nooks, Kindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction sKHHW IRU yRuU sSHFLfiF GHvice, all you need is a current library card! Having trouble getting started? Stop by the library any Monday after 5 p.m. for one-on-one help.