FAMILY DAY PROGRAMS: Storytimes: • Special Needs Story Time: Nov. 17 and Dec. 15 from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Children with special needs (all ages) and siblings are welcome to attend. The stories and music will be geared toward ages 2 to 6 and the environment will be sensory friendly.
• Makin’ Music: Nov. 28 and Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. Experience Rockin’ Rhythms at this music enrichment program. All are welcome. ADULT PROGRAMS: • Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for $10 each. Nov. 20: “The Secret Daughter,” by Shilpi-Somaya-Gowda.
• Movie Time: Nov. 26: “The Help.”
• AARP Driver Safety Classroom Course: Nov. 27 and 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. For drivers 50+. Learn proven strategies to help maintain your confidence behind the wheel, and get a great discount on your car insurance. Free to military veterans and their dependents. Others welcome for a fee of $12 for AARP members, $14 for non-AARP members.
• Teen Club: Nov. 28 (Game Night); no meeting Nov. 21.
• American Sign Language: Every Thursday through Nov. 29 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Registration is required. Call 610-6040450.
• Long Term Care Planning: Dec. 3 from noon to 2 p.m. Come for an educational workshop about the pitfalls in planning for long term care. Options and rising costs will be discussed. No fee or registration are required.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: First and third Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Detecting Women Book Discussion Program: This PA Humanities Council sponsored program will be held in the library community rooms from 1 to 3 p.m. No fee; books provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join the knitters by the fireplace each Tuesday beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m.
• Mahjong Group — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library. SPECIAL EVENTS: • American Red Cross Blood Drive: Dec. 17. Give a gift to others in need!
• Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are available for free through the library! Books are compatible with all Nooks, Kindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction sheet for your specific device, all you need is a current library card! Having trouble getting started? Stop by the library any Monday after 5 p.m. for one-on-one help.
• Blood Pressure Screening — 1 to 2 p.m. fourth Tuesday afternoon of each month. The NP Visiting Nurse Association will offer free blood pressure screening at the Library. No appointment or fee. FUNDRAISING: • Holiday Cookie Sale: The library is now taking orders for its annual sale. Volunteer chefs bake up fabulous homemade goodies that are sold by weight, $8 per pound, 1/2 pound minimum. Call the library to place your order. Cookies will be packaged and ready for pick up beginning Dec. 17 at 1 p.m.
• Adopt-A-Brick — For $100, an engraved brick will be installed at the Veterans Memorial Flag Pole. Order forms available at the library.
• Byers Choice — StoryTeller is available for sale at the library. $70/each plus $10 if shipping is needed.
• Donate your car to the North Wales Area Library — The library will benefit from the proceeds of the sale or salvage of your vehicle and your donation is tax deductable. Contact Point Service Center and tell them you want to donate your vehicle to the NWAL. Arrangements will be made to tow your vehicle, if necessary, at no cost to you. Call Point Service Center at 215699-TIRE (8473) or email email@example.com.