Lansdale Public Library
What’s happening at the Lansdale Public Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. Information: 215855-3228; inforequests@ lansdalelibrary.org The library is open: Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. The library will be closed Dec. 24 and 25 and will close at 3 p.m. Dec. 31.
Unless otherwise noted, all programs are free and open to the public.
• MOMS Club: Dec. 17 at 10:15 a.m.
• Lansdale Camera Club: Dec. 17 at 6:30 p.m.
• Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots: Dec. 18 at 6:30 p.m. AIM Group espouses three core values: fiscal responsibility, constitutional limited government and free markets.
• Amazing Moms Nursing/New Mom Support Group: Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. Supportive group of moms gather to discuss nursing and raising babies.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness: Dec. 19 at 6:45 p.m. A peer-run support group. Connection groups are for and run by people who live with mental illness.
• National MS Optimists Support Group: Dec. 20 at 7 p.m.
• Amateur Radio: Dec. 27 at 7 p.m. Call 610-5175074.
• Cribbage: Mondays at 1 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Knitting/Crochet Club: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Beginners, novices, whoever – if you’re looking for a nice way to relax and socialize, bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles to start.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Stitch and Chat: Fridays at 1 p.m. MOVIES: • Friday Night Movies: Showtime is 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Dec. 14: “The Polar Express” (PG, 100 minutes), at 7:30 p.m. Story reading to begin at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $1; Dec. 21: “Arthur Christmas” (PG, 97 minutes); Dec. 28: “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” (PG, 93 minutes). KIDS’ CORNER: • Kiwanis Story Time: Dec. 22 at 10:30 a.m. Debra Hawk, a member of the Lansdale Kiwanis Club, will read stories and complete fun activites with the kids.
• Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: For children ages 2 to 5. Parents and siblings are welcome. Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.; Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: Fridays at 10:30 a.m. For children under 2 and their parents/caregivers.
• Math Mondays: Mondays at 4 p.m. Free tutoring in basic math for students.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American Youth Literacy Foundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually Friday afternoons between 4 and 5:30. Other times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. More information is available at www. youthlit.org. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Second annual Gingerbread House Craft Time: Dec. 15 at 1 p.m. in the community room at Lansdale’s Parks and Recreation Building, 600 Lansdale Ave. Cost: $10. Please register ahead of time at the library.
• Christmas Book Sale: Now through Dec. 22. All Christmas books from used book sale are on sale.
• New Year’s at Noon: Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. Kids! Parents! Grandparents! Join us as we “Ring in the New Year” at noon! The party starts at 11 a.m. with the movie, “Rudolph’s Shiny New Year.” Snacks and noisemakers will be provided.