St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 211 S. Main St., North Wales, has announced the following events and programs:
• The Thrift Shop at St. Peter’s is open for business. Store hours are Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The shop is located at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 211 S. Main St., korth Wales. Donations of small household items, books, linens and women’s and children’s clothing are accepted during store hours. All proceeds are donated to local charities.
The Montgomery County Library Bookmobile will make the following stops: Dec. 28 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Water Tower Square, Horsham and korth Wales roads, Montgomeryville; Dec. 29 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Ralph’s Corner, Routes 63 and 463, +DWfiHOG. everyone in the community – those with and without insurance Eincluding Medicaid and MedicareF. FamilyWize cards are easy to use and easy to obtain. Local participating pharmacies include: CsS, WalMart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Eckerd, Landis Supermarket, SUPERsALU, Giant, Target, Skippack Pharmacy, Weis Markets, CPS Pharmacy, Rann Pharmacy, Costco and Evergreen. Ask your local pharmacist about the program, or contact Steve McGlynn at the korth Penn United Way at 215-855-3002 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the program. A printable version of the card, a list of participating pharmacies and prescription drug prices can also be found at www. FamilyWize.org.
Aerobic classes for women are offered weekly, Mondays and Fridays from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. at the Souderton Mennonite Church in the Fellowship Hall Entrance on West Chestnut Street. For more information, call 215393-6754.
The Wellness Community At The Anne McCouch Center (1000 W. Main St., Lansdale, 215-393-9105) will host the following special events:
ONGOING WEEKLY PROGRAMS
• Beginners Tai Chi: 6:30 – 7 p.m.
• Intermediate Tai Chi: 7 – 7:30 p.m.
Experience your True Self through Sahaja Yoga Meditation — Free classes every Saturday 2: 30 to 4: 30 p. m. at Lansdale Parks and Recreation Building 660 Lansdale Ave Eat 7th StF, Lansdale, 19446 For more information: 215- 361- 7137 or info@ synorthpenn. org
The PEAK Center, 1292 Allentown Road, Towamencin ( NEW ADDRESS!), offers free health- related programs for adults 55 years of age and older. Information: 215- 362- 7432.
• Acupressure and seated head, neck and shoulder massages are offered at The PEAh Center on a monthly basis. The cost for each treatment is $15 for 15 minutes and $25 for 30 minutes. Appointments can be made at The PEAh Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, 215362-7432.
• Arthritis Support Group — The Arthritis Support Group, sponsored by the kPskA, meets 10:30-11:30 a.m. on the third Friday of each month at The PEAh Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale. The program is free and open to the public. For more information, contact The PEAh Center at 215-362-7432.
• Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program — The PEAh Center, 315 W. Main St., Lansdale, will be a distribution site for Farmers’ Market kutrition Coupons. Coupons are available to participants who are residents of Montgomery County, 60+ years of age, whose income does not exceed $20,036 or $26,955 for a couple. Coupons will be distributed 1011 a.m. on Tuesdays, and 2-3 p.m. on Thursdays. Proof of age is required.
• Glucose Clinic: Bayada kurses sponsors free glucose testing on the fourth Tuesday of each month at The PEAh Center. Fasting is not required, but it is best to limit your breakfast intake. This is a free service offered to the community 9: 30- 10: 30 a. m. For more information, contact The PEAh Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, telephone, 215- 362- 7432.