North Wales Area iibrary
• Teen Club (ages 1O and up): Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a good book, movie or game with friends. Check out our Facebook page by searching North Wales Teen Book Club and like us to receive updates and reminders.
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join the knitters by the fireplace each Tuesday beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mahjong droup — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library.
• Blood Pressure Screening: Fourth Tuesday afternoon of each month from 1 to 2 p.m. No appointment or fee. The North Penn Visiting Nurse Association will offer free blood pressure screenings.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: Second and fourth Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m.
What’s happening at the North Wales Area iibrary, O33 S. Swartley St., North Wales. 215-699-5410; www. northwaleslibrary.org. The library is open Monday and Thursday, 1 to 9 p.m.; Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. KfDS’ PoOdoAMS: • iego Club: This new club will meet each Thursday afternoon from 4 to 5 p. m. The North Penn High School Key Club will be overseeing and help engineer Lego creations. No fee. Lego donations welcome. Limited to children in third grade and up!
cAMfiY DAY PoOdoAMS: ADriT PoOdoAMS: • Tai Chi for Arthritis: Every Thursday at 10 a.m. A safe, easy-to-learn exercise class that increases vitality, mental clarity and calms the spirit. Cost: $5 per class.
• Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for $10 each. Next meeting: gan. 15 (“Little Bee” by Chris Cleave)
• Making Powerful Presentations: gan. 17 from 7 to 8 p.m. Learn to make presentations that grab hold of your listener’s attention, maximize understanding and retention of the topic and turn passive listeners into involved participants. The presentation is free. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the circulation desk. Light refreshments served.
• AAoP Driver Safety Classroom Course: ceb. O6 and O7 from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Register early for this popular 2-day, 8-hour class. $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-AARP members. Make checks payable to AARP.
WfTe NO SPECfAi EVENTS: • Downton Abbey: ceb. 4 through March O5. Want to see what all the chatter is about? Come to the library community rooms each Monday for about an hour per session of season one episodes. Sign up and choose your time to view: 2 or 5 p.m.
• Celebrate the frish: March 18 at 7 p.m. Local musician Doug Buehler will explain the history of and how the bagpipes work, then will play music. Try the bagpipes yourself! Cost: FREE!
• det a new eoeader or Smartphone? iibrary eB-