The deadline for Datebook is noon Tuesday two weeks before the desired publication date. Only dated events local to this newspaper will be listed. Information should include event, date, time, applicable fees and an information telephone number that may be published. Send to North Penn Life Datebook, c/o Montgomery Newspapers, 290 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034; fax to 215-643-9475; email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. day afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m. The North Penn High School Key Club will be overseeing and help engineer Lego creations. No fee. Lego donations welcome. Limited to children in third grade and up!
FAMILY DAY PROGRAMS: ADULT PROGRAMS: • AARP Driver Safety Classroom Course: Feb. 26 and 27 from 12:30 to 4 p.m. oegister early for this popular 2-day, 8-hour class. $12 for AAoP members and $14 for non-AAoP members. Make checks payable to AAoP.
• Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for $10 each.
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: Every Thursday at 10 a.m. A safe, easy-to-learn exercise class that increases vitality, mental clarity and calms the spirit. Cost: $5 per class.
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Teen Club (ages 12 and up): Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a good book, movie or game with friends. Check out our Facebook page by searching North Wales Teen Book Club and like us to receive updates and reminders.
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join WKH NnLWWHUV Ey WKH fiUHSODFH each Tuesday beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mahjong Group — goin the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library.
• Blood Pressure Screening: Fourth Tuesday afternoon of each month from 1 to 2 p.m. No appointment or fee. The North Penn sisiting Nurse Association will offer free blood pressure screenings.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: Second and fourth Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Downton Abbey: Feb. 4 through March 25. Want to see what all the chatter is about? Come to the library community rooms each Monday for about an hour per session of season one episodes. Sign up and choose your time to view: 2 or 5 p.m.
• Celebrate the Irish: March 18 at 7 p.m. Local musician Doug Buehler will explain the history of and how the bagpipes work, then will play music. Try the bagpipes yourself! Cost: FoEE!
• Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are available for free through the library! Books are compatible with all Nooks, Kindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction VKHHW IRU yRuU VSHFLfiF GHvice, all you need is a current library card! Having trouble getting started? Stop by the library any Monday after 5 p.m. for one-on-one help.
• Honor the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School: Help the library remember those that lost their OLYHV Ey SuUFKDVLnJ D fiUVWgrade level book to add to the library shelves. Inside each book will be a special message with the image of an angel, the name of a victim, and, if requested, the name of the family who is donating the book in their memory. A donation of $15 will purchase the book and personalized bookplate. FUNDRAISING: • Adopt-A-Brick: For $100, an engraved brick will be installed at the seterans Memorial Flag Pole. Order forms available at the library.
• Byers Choice: StoryTeller is available for sale at the library. $70/each plus $10 if shipping is needed.
• Donate your car to the North Wales Area Library: 7KH OLEUDUy wLOO EHnHfiW IURP the proceeds of the sale or salvage of your vehicle and your donation is tax deductable. Contact Point Service Center and tell them you want to donate your vehicle to the NWAL. Arrangements will be made to tow your vehicle, if necessary, at no cost to you. Call Point Service Center at 215-699-TIoE (8473F or email email@example.com.
• Entertainment Books:
Get your discount coupon book and support the library. Cost: $30.