Doylestown Hospital, located at 595 W. State St., Doylestown, will offer the following programs:
• Building the Family: Feb. 7 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Children’s Village on the grounds of the hospital. This monthly group for teen parents and their children discusses topics relevant to parenting and introduces methods and resources essential to raising healthy young children and DFKLHVLQJ VHOI-VUIfiFLHQFY.
The group is sponsored by Child, Home and Community, Inc., a community partner. The program is free. Registration is required, call 215-348-9770 for information.
• Adult Loss of Parent Group: Feb. 7 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The group is open to anyone who has had a loss in the past 13 months. This group will combine group support with educational information regarding loss and grief. The group is open to newly bereaved individuals and will provide opportunities for those grieving a recent loss to gain insights, discuss coping strategies, DNG fiNG VuSSRUW ZKHN FRSing. For more information, including location, and to register, contact Karyn Arnold, Bereavement Coordinator, at 215-345-2838. The group is free.
Hospice of North Penn Visiting Nurse Association is looking for volunteers willing to share of their time, talents and heart to become a hospice volunteer. North Penn VNA will hold volunteer training sessions Feb. 2 and 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To register, please visit the North Penn VNA website at www.npvna. orgLHospiceVolunteer. htm to print the volunteer application, or contact Bill Garrison, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, at 215-8558297 ext. 133 for more information or to have an application mailed to you.
Lansdale’s Department of Parks and Recreation is partnering with Viva Community Fitness to ofIHr yRXtK DnG DGXOt fitnHVV classes. Classes scheduled include YogaLPilates and wumba. Classes will be held in the Parks and Recreation Building, 660 Lansdale Ave., Lansdale. For complete course description, fee, and registration form, visit the department’s web site at www.lansdale.org or call 215-361-8353.
North Penn VNA reminds area residents that it is not too late to get your flX VKRt. 1RrtK 3Hnn 9LVLting Nurse Association still KDV flX (LnflXHnzD) VKRtV available. Shots are free for adults who use Medicare B as their primary health insurance. Medicare cards must be presented to receive the vaccine at no cost. All others will be charged $25, payable in cash or by check. A receipt will be provided so you may obtain reimbursement from your insurance company. Please call 215855-6191 to schedule a time that is convenient for you to UHFHLYH yRuU flu VKRW.
Experience your True Self through Sahaja Yoga Meditation: Free classes every Saturday 2: 30 to 4: 30 p. m. at Lansdale Parks and Recreation Building 660 Lansdale Ave ( at 7th St), Lansdale, 19446 For more information: 215- 361- 7137 or info@ synorthpenn. org
The Greater North Penn Dental Initiative at North Penn VNA provides dental services to individuals, children, families and seniors who do not have dental insurance. Services include exams, x-rays, cleanings, fiOOLNGV, VHDODNWV, HxWUDFtions, denture adjustments DNG GHNWuUH fiWWLNGV, DNG DUH provided by licensed dentists and dental assistants. Patients must live in the North Penn, Wissahickon or Souderton school districts to be eligible for care. Payment for services is based on a sliding scale system that considers household income and household size. The Greater North Penn Dental Initiative is located at the North Penn VNA building at 51 Medical Campus Drive in Lansdale. Call for your appointment at 1-877-GO-NPSMILES or 1-877-466-7764 or visit www.npvna.org.
The PEAK Center, 1292 Allentown Road, 7RwDPHnFLn ( 1E: AD- D5E66!), RIIHrV IrHH health- related programs for adults 55 years of age and older. Information: 215- 362- 7432.
• Acupressure and seated head, neck and shoulder massages are offered at The PEAK Center on a monthly basis. The cost for each treatment is $15 for 15 minutes and $25 for 30 minutes. Appointments can be made at The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, 215362-7432.
• Arthritis Support Group — The Arthritis Support Group, sponsored by the NPVNA, meets 10:30-11:30 a.m. on the third Friday of each month at The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale. The program is free and open to the public. For more information, contact The PEAK Center at 215-362-7432.
• Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program — The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St., Lansdale, will be a distribution site for Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupons. Coupons are available to participants who are residents of Montgomery County, 60H years of age, whose income does not exceed $20,036 or $26,955 for a couple. Coupons will be distributed 1011 a.m. on Tuesdays, and 2-3 p.m. on Thursdays. Proof of age is required.
• Glucose Clinic: Bayada Nurses sponsors free glucose testing on the fourth Tuesday of each month at The PEAK Center. Fasting is not required, but it is best to limit your breakfast intake. This is a free service offered to the community 9:30-10:30 a.m. For more information, contact The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, telephone, 215-362-7432.
• “Healthy Living,” a weight control program, is held Thursdays at 2 p.m.
• Tai Chi classes are offered Mondays at 5 p.m., the cost is $25 for a six week session and Yoga is offered Mondays at 6:30 p.m. and the cost is $30 for a six week session.
7KH :HOOnHVV &RPPXnLty At The Anne McCouch &HntHr (1000 :. MDLn 6t., LDnVGDOH, 215-393-9105) will host the following special events:
21G2,1G :EE.LY PROGRAMS
• Beginners Tai Chi: 6:30 to 7 p.m.
• Intermediate Tai Chi: 7 to 7:30 p.m. of Parks and Recreation has shared the following announcements:
• 3yVDnNy (8NrDLnLDn EDVtHr EJJV): MDrFK 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1 to 5 p.m. Two workshops will be offered. Learn to create beautiful Easter eggs using the interesting custom of Pysanky. The workshops will be held at the Recreation Building, 660 Lansdale Ave. For additional information on feels and registration, call 215-361-8353 or visit www. Lansdale.org, and click on the Parks & Recreation section.
• Artists & Crafters :DntHG: Fine artists and crafters have until April 22 to submit samples of their work for jurying for acceptance into the 25th annual Lansdale Festival of the Arts, to be held Aug. 24. Photographs, slides andLor actual pieces may be submitted for jury. For more information, contact the Lansdale Department of Parks and Recreation at 215-361-8352 or visit www.lansdale.org.
• Lansdale Booking Bands for Summer: Bands interested in receiving consideration for inclusion in the 31st Annual White’s Road Park
Concert Series andLor the Music On Main Street Lunchtime Concert Series are asked to submit a demo tape, biographical information and suggested fee to the Lansdale Department of Parks and Recreation, One Vine Street, Lansdale, PA, 19446 or by email to jgrubb@lansdale. org. The Department is interested in working with bands playing any of the following types of music: big band swing, marches and show tunes, jazz, country, bluegrass, classical, blues, pop and contemporary. Additionally, the department would like to hear from Children’s entertainers for the “Children’s Night Out” program in White’s Road Park.