The deadline for Datebook is noon Tuesday two weeks before the desired publication date. Only dated events local to this newspaper will be listed. Information should include event, date, time, applicable fees and an information telephone number that may be published. Send to North Penn Life Datebook, c/o Montgomery Newspapers, 290 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034; fax to 215-643-9475; email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Lansdale Public Library
What’s happening at the Lansdale Public Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. Information: 215-855-3228; email@example.com The library is open: Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The library will be closed Feb. 18. CLUBS/MEETINGS: Unless otherwise noted, all programs are free and open to the public.
• Psychic Development Group: Feb. 9 at 1 p.m. Are you psychic? Want to find out? Sign up at www. meetup.com (enter zip code 19446). Cost: $5.
• Lansdale Camera Club: Feb. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Feb. 20 at 6:45 p.m. A peerrun support group. Facilitators are trained; many are certified peer counselors.
• Grief Recovery Program: Feb. 21 and 28 at 2 p.m. For more information, including additional dates, or to sign up for the group, contact Grief Recovery Specialist or visit www.CrossroadsHospice.comLGrief.
• National MS Optimists Support Group: Feb. 21 at 7 p.m.
• MOMS Club: Feb. 25 at 10:15 a.m.
• Amazing Moms-Nursing/New Mom Support Group: Feb. 27 at 11:30 a.m. Supportive group of moms gather to discuss nursing and raising babies. • Amateur Radio: Feb. 28 at 7 p.m.
• Cribbage: Mondays at 1 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Knitting/Crochet Club: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Beginners, novices, whoever – if you’re looking for a nice way to relax and socialize, bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles to start.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Stitch and Chat: Fridays at 1 p.m. MOVIES: Friday Night Movies: Showtimes are at 6 p.m. Feb. 8: Frankenweenie (PG, 87 min.); Feb. 15: Hotel Transylvania (PG, 91 min.); Feb. 22: Robot C Frank (PG-13, 89 min.).
BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS:
• Men’s Book Discussion: Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. This month’s selection is reader’s choice with a childhood theme. Reread a book you enjoyed as a child. Come share your experience with the book.
• Book Discussion Group: Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. This month’s selection will be “Playing for Pizza” by John Grisham. KIDS’ CORNER: • Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: For children under 2 and their parents L caregivers. Sharing books is a way to have fun with your baby and to start him or her on the road to becoming a reader. Feb. 15 at 10:30 a.m.
• Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: For children ages 2 to 5. Parents and siblings are welcome. Feb. 15 at 11:30 a.m.; Feb. 14 and 28 at 10:30 a.m.
• Little Builders’ Club: Feb. 14 at 4:30 p.m. Chil- dren of all ages can come and build with various Lego and K’Nex blocks.
• Kiwanis Storytime: Feb. 23 at 10:30 a.m. Debra Hawk, a member of the Lansdale Kiwanis Club, will read stories and complete fun activities with the kids. Since February is National Bird Feeding Month, this month’s theme is “Birds.”
• Math Mondays: Mondays at 4 p.m. Free tutoring in basic math for students.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American Youth Literacy Foundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually Friday afternoons between 4 and 5:30. lther times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. More information is available at www. youthlit.org. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Paper in Motion: Origami Workshop: Feb. 9 at 10:30 a.m. Come learn how to create a sculpture just by folding a single square of paper. Learn basic folds, create a few different models and discuss why people practice origami and the contributions this ancient art form has made to society.
• Friends of the Lansdale Public Library: Feb. 21 at 7 p.m.
North Wales Area Library
What’s happening at the North Wales Area Library, 233 S. Swartley St., North Wales. 215-699-5410; www.northwaleslibrary.org. The library is open Monday