Art & Music
Mennonite eeritage Center, R6R Yoder ooad, earleysville, will be hosting the following events:
• A Traditional lil Painting Workshop: Tuesdays, March O6 through April 30 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The workshop, led by accomplished Bucks County artist Dot Bunn, will emphasize building a good composition and the control of values and color. The total workshop fee for the six weeks is $240 ($215 members). Pre registration is required. A list of supplies needed for the class will be furnished upon registration. To register for the workshop, go to www.mhep. org, email email@example.com or call 215-256-3020.
• A Pith Painting Workshop led by artist Sandy Colden March O3. This class is best suited for students who have prior experience with stenciling. Registration is required and the cost of the workshop is $55 ($50 for members) plus a $45 materials fee. Students are requested to bring the following supplies: painter’s tape, paper towels, pencil and a @1 liner brush (optional supplies are 1L8” to 1L2” stencil brushes). All other materials will be supplied. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.mhep.org, or call 215256-3020.
• Daniel Strawser Wood Carving Show: April 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Traditional folk wood carver Daniel Strawser will demonstrate wood carving from 11 a.m. to 12 noon and again from 1 to 2 p.m. Admission is free for the event and no registration is needed. For more information, visit www.mhep.org, call 215256-3020 or email info@ mhep.org.
• The public is invited to a hymn sing April 7 at 4 p.m. The event will include songs from J.W. voder’s song books from 1913, 1926, and 1939. Texts and tunes will be provided. John Ruth will open the event by giving biographical information about voder. Song leaders include Hiram Hershey, Kendra Rittenhouse and Lee Moyer. No registration required and admission is by donation. For more information, call 215-2563020, email email@example.com or visit www.mhep.org.
Music for eoly Week: March O4 at 4 p.m, at St. John’s United Church of Christ, 500 W. Main St., Lansdale, Pa. The music RI BDFN, DuUuflH, 5DnGDOO Thompson and others wil be performed by St. John’s Choral Ensemble and Friends under the direction of David Furniss, who will also perform solo organ music by Back and Mendelssohn. While there is no admission charge there will be a free-will offering. For more information and directions to the church, visit the church’s web site at www. st-johns-ucc.org or call the church at 215-855-5489.
The Woodcrest dospel Choir will give a concert March 17 at 3 p.m., at St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, 125 N. Main St., North Wales. For more information, visit www. UCCnorthwales.org.
The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce will hold the following events (for reservations to any of the following, call 215-362-9200 or email info@PennSuburban.org):
• Breakfast News Network, 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. at Normandy Farm Hotel (1401 Morris Road, Blue Bell, PA 19422) $15 members, includes full buffet breakfast. Join us for a networking program at Normandy Farm