The deadline for Datebook is noon Tuesday two weeks before the desired publication date. Only dated events local to this newspaper will be listed. Information should include event, date, time, applicable fees and an information telephone number that may be published. Send to North Penn Life Datebook, c/o Montgomery Newspapers, 290 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034; fax to 215-643-9475; email email@example.com. No phone calls.
What’s happening at the Lansdale Public Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. Information: 215-855-3228; inforequests@ lansdalelibrary.org The library is open: Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. CLUBS/MEETINGS: rnless otherwise noted, all programs are free and open to the public.
• Cribbage: Mondays 1 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Knitting/Crochet Club: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Beginners, novices, whoever – if you’re looking for a nice way to relax and socialize, bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles to start.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. This mutual-aid group helps people make changes to their wellness plans.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Stitch and Chat: Fridays at 1 p.m. hnitters and crocheters - join us to relax and socialize. Bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles. Beginners and novices welcomed. • Camera
Lansdale Club: March 18 p.m.
• Amazing Moms-Nursing/New Mom Support Group: March 27 at 11:30 a.m. Supportive group of moms gathers to discuss nursing and raising babies.
• Amateur Radio: March 28 at 7:00 p.m. Call 610517-5074 for details. MOVIES: • Friday Night Movies: March 29: Wreck-It Ralph (PG 108 min). Showtimes are at 6 p.m. KIDS’ CORNER: • Math Mondays: Mondays at 4 p.m. Free tutoring in basic math for students.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American vouth Literacy Foundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually Friday afternoons between 4 and 5:30. Other times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. More information is available at www. youthlit.org.
• Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: March 28 (in children’s room) at 10:30 a.m., or March 29 at 11:30 a.m. For children ages 2-5. Parents and siblings are welcome.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: March 29 at 10:30 a.m. For children under 2 and their parents/caregivers.
• Kiwanis Storytime: March 23 at 10:30a.m. Debra Hawk, a member of the Lansdale hiwanis Club, will read stories and complete fun activities with the kids. Since March is Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig month, the theme is “Guinea Pigs.” SPECIAL EVENTS: • RSVP of Montgomery County is offering free, FRnfiGHnWLDO 0HGLFDUH LnIRUPDWLRn WR EHnHfiFLDULHV
at and their families April 1 1 p.m. and June 10 Information about Medicare health care options and prescription drug plans will be available. To reserve a space, please call 610-834-1040, ext. 20 and leave a message stating your name and that you will attend. vour call will not be returned.
North Wales Area Library
What’s happening at the North Wales Area Library, 233 S. Swartley St., North Wales. 215-699-5410; www.northwaleslibrary.org. The library is open Monday and Thursday, 1 to 9 p.m.; Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. KIDS’ PROGRAMS: • Lego Club: This new club will meet each Thursday afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m. The North Penn High School hey Club will be overseeing and help engineer Lego creations. No fee. Lego donations welcome. Limited to children in third grade and up!
• Baby’s First Book: A gift of literacy from the Library, sponsored by Friends of the North Wales Library. The Pennsylvania One Book Every voung Child 2013 selection, Stop Snoring, Bernard!, is presented to each baby born to a Library patron. This statewide effort encourages adults to share and talk about books and stories with children. Please stop by or call the Library with the name and birth date of any new baby in your household.
• Our Little Bookworms: March 26 at 10 a.m. Toddlers (12 months to 3 years) meet for thirty minutes of story time.
• Friday Story Hour: March 29 from 2 to 3 p.m. All ages welcome.
• Meet Suzanne Bloom at Lunch! April 16 at 11:30 a.m. The author of the 2013/2014 One Book Every voung Child will be visiting. Reservations required. ADULT PROGRAMS: • Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for $10 each.
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: Level 1 class will be held Monday mornings at 10 a.m. and Thursday evenings at 5:45 p.m. Admission for the Level 1 class is $5 per class. The level 2 class will be held Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. Admission for the Level 2 class is $40. This is a safe, easy-to-learn exercise class that increases vitality, mental clarity and calms the spirit.
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Teen Club (ages 12 and up): Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a good book, movie or game with friends. Check out our Facebook page by searching North Wales Teen Book Club and like us to receive updates and reminders.
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join WKH NnLWWHUV Ey WKH fiUHSODFH each Tuesday beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mahjong Group — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library.
• Blood Pressure Screening: Fourth Tuesday afternoon of each month from 1 to 2 p.m. No appointment or fee. The North Penn Visiting Nurse Association will offer free blood pressure screenings.