Datebook Datebook Notes
The deadline for Datebook is noon Tuesday two weeks before the desired publication date. lnly dated events local to this newspaper will be listed. fnformation should include event, date, time, applicable fees and an information telephone number that may be published. Send to North Penn iife Datebook, cLo Montgomery Newspapers, 290 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034; fax to 215-S43-94T5; email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Men’s Book Discussion: “The Good barth” by Pearl S. Buck May 13 at T p.m. The group will meet at Pearl S. Buck international for this discussion. KIDS’ CORNER: • Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: May 16, 23 and 30 at 10W30 a.m. or May 17, 24 and 31 at 11W30 a.m. For children ages 2 to 5. Parents and siblings are welcome.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: May 17, 24 and 31 at 10W30 a.m. For children under 2 and their parentsL caregivers.
• Kiwanis Storytime: May 25 at 10W30 a.m. Debra Hawk, a member of the iansdale Kiwanis Club, will read stories and complete activities with the kids. This month’s theme is “Ferrets.”
• Math Mondays: Mondays at 4 p.m. Free tutoring in basic math for students.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American Youth iiteracy Foundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually Friday afternoons between 4 and 5W30. lther times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. More information is available at www. youthlit.org. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Science in the Summer Registration: Beginning May 1, children who will be entering grades two through six in the fall can be registered for GlaxoSmithKline’s Science in the SummerW Discover the World of Genetics. The class will be held July 8 and 9. Registration must be completed in person and Ls RSHn Rn D fiUsW-FRPH, fiUsWserved basis until classes are fiOOHG.
• Improve your memory May 22 at SW30 p.m.
• Take shape of your life: May 30 at SW30 p.m. CertifiHG KHDOWK FRDFK FORss CUDLJ will discuss how you can make small, daily changes to initiate permanent weight loss and improved health.
• Free blood pressure screening May 22 from noon to 1W30 p.m.
• Balloon Magic: May 29 from SW45 to 8W45 p.m. Balloon artist Josh Matisoff is coming back for another balloon workshop. Come to learn how to make balloon animals. CostW A15Lperson. For tickets, contact Kurt at Kurt’s Magic World at 215528-9488.
• RSVP of Montgomery County is offering free, FRnfiGHnWLDO 0HGLFDUH LnIRUPDWLRn WR EHnHfiFLDULHV and their families June 10 at T p.m. fnformation about Medicare health care options and prescription drug plans will be available. To reserve a space, please call S10-834-1040, ext. 20 and leave a message stating your name and that you will attend. Your call will not be returned.