Cribbage: June 3, 10, 17 and 24
• Friends of Lansdale Public Library: June 20 at T p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: June 4, 11, 18 and 25 at 1 p.m.
• Lansdale Camera Club: June 17 at S:PM p.m.
• MOMS Club: June 17 at 1M:15 a.m.
• Amazing Moms: June 26 at 11:PM a.m.
• Homeschoolers’ Get Together: June 4 from 1M:PM a.m. to noon.
• Magicians’ Club: June 3 at S:15 p.m.
• Amateur Radio: June 27 at T p.m. Call S1M-51T5MT4 for details.
• Summer Reading Program: June 20 to Aug. 23. oegister online at www.lansdalelibrary.org.
• RootsMagic Genealogy Group: June 4 at T p.m. oootsMagic genealogy software users meet to get help with the program, research ideas and more. For details, contact eddie_blackS1T@ msn.com.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: June 5, 12, 19, 26 at 1:PM p.m.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4:PM p.m.
• Dialoging for Peace: June 5 at S:PM p.m.
• Stitch and Chat: June 7, 21 and 28 at 1 p.m.
• Kickoff: Diggers on Display! June 2 at 11 a.m.
• NPHS Improv Troupe: June 7 at S:PM p.m.
• Psychic Development Group: June 8 at 1 p.m. Are you psychic? Want to finG RuW? 6LJn uS DW www. meetup.com. (Enter Lansdale’s zip code, 1944S.F Cost: $5.MM.
• “Have you had a spiritual experience?” workshop June 15 at 12:PM p.m. Join a free discussion sponsored by Eckankar that will help you understand your experiences and give greater meaning to them.
• Philadelphia Tea Party: June 18 at S:PM p.m. MOVIES: • Friday Night Movies: “Arsenic and lld Lace” June 21; “lz the Great and Powerful” June 28.
BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS:
• Book Discussion Group: June 12 at T p.m. This month’s selection will be “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. KIDS’ CORNER: • Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: June 6 and 20 at 1M:PM a.m. For children ages 2 to 5.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: June 6 and 20 at 1M:PM a.m. For children 2 and under.
• Little Builders’ Club: June 13 at 4:PM p.m.
• Marvelous Monarchs BuWWHUfly 3URJUDP: -uNH 21 at 1M:PM a.m. Join the Hardings of Souderton as they show you the transformation that takes place in the monarch’s life cycle. For ages 5 and up. Sign up at the library beginning June 7.
• Kiwanis Storytime: June 22 1M:PM a.m. Debra
Hawk, a member of the Lansdale Kiwanis Club, will read stories and complete activities with the kids. This month’s theme is “Cats.”
• BallRRn 0agLc: -unH 26 at 6:45 S.P. -RVK 0atLVRII, a balloon artist and teacher, is cRPLng bacN tR tKH LanVGalH Library for another balloon work-shop. Come learn to PaNH ballRRn anLPalV! CRVt: $15 SHU SHUVRn. CRntact .uUt at .uUt’V 0agLc WRUlG IRU tLcNHtV, 215-528-9488.
• Math Mondays: Mondays at 4 S.P. FUHH tutRULng in basic math for students.
• Dig in to ... Crafts: June 24 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American Youth LLtHUacy FRunGatLRn LV RIIHULng tutRULng tR cKLlGUHn Ln gUaGHV 1 tR 5 wKR nHHG KHlS wLtK UHaGLng. 7utRULng is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually FULGay aItHUnRRnV bHtwHHn 4 anG 5:30. OtKHU tLPHV Pay bH aYaLlablH. 3lHaVH VLgn uS uVLng tKH IRUP aYaLlablH at tKH lLbUaUy. 0RUH LnIRUPation is available at www. yRutKlLt.RUg. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Science in the Summer Registration: Beginning May 1, children who will be HntHULng gUaGHV twR tKURugK VLx Ln tKH Iall can bH UHgLVtered for GlaxoSmithKline’s ScLHncH Ln tKH SuPPHU: DLVcRYHU tKH WRUlG RI GHnHtLcV. The class will be held July 8 and 9. RHgLVtUatLRn PuVt be completed in person and LV RSHn Rn a fiUVt-cRPH, fiUVtserved basis until classes are fillHG.
• Take shape of your life: May 30 at 6:30 S.P. CHUtLfiHG KHaltK cRacK FlRVV CUaLg will discuss how you can PaNH VPall, GaLly cKangHV tR LnLtLatH SHUPanHnt wHLgKt loss and improved health.
• Balloon Magic: May 29 IURP 6:45 tR 8:45 S.P. BallRRn aUtLVt -RVK 0atLVRII LV cRPLng bacN IRU anRtKHU balloon workshop. Come to learn how to make balloon anLPalV. CRVt: $15/SHUVRn. FRU tLcNHtV, cRntact .uUt at .uUt’V 0agLc WRUlG at 215528-9488.
• RSVP of Montgomery County is offering free, FRnfiGHnWLDO 0HGLFDUH Ln- IRUPDWLRn WR EHnHfiFLDULHV and their families June 10 at 7 p.m. Information about 0HGLcaUH KHaltK caUH RStLRnV anG SUHVcULStLRn GUug plans will be available. To reserve a space, please call 610-834-1040, Hxt. 20 anG lHaYH a PHVVagH VtatLng yRuU name and that you will attend. Your call will not be returned. Library with the name and birth date of any new baby in your household.
TEEN CLUB: Every Wednesday IURP 7:30 tR 8:30 S.P: ADULT PROGRAMS: • Downton Abbey: 0RnGayV at 2 S.P.
• Adults Discuss Books: OnH 7uHVGay HYHnLng HacK PRntK, 7 tR 9 S.P. at tKH lLbUaUy! BRRNV aUH aYaLlablH IRU $10 HacK: June 18 “The GUHat GatVby” by F. ScRtt FLtzgHUalG. July 30 “The 3aULV WLIH” by 3aul 0cLaLn (1RtH DatH CKangH).
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Bridge Group: Each Wednesday afternoon from 1 to 3 p.m. FRU HxSHULHncHG bULGgH SlayHUV.
• Teen Club (ages 12 and up): WHGnHVGayV IURP 7:30 tR 8:30 S.P. EnjRy a gRRG bRRN, PRYLH RU gaPH with friends. Check out our FacHbRRN SagH by VHaUcKLng 1RUtK WalHV 7HHn BRRN Club and like us to receive updates and reminders.
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — BULng yRuU yaUn anG SattHUn anG cRPH jRLn tKH NnLttHUV by tKH fiUHSlacH HacK 7uHVGay bHgLnnLng at 10 a.m.
• Mahjong Group — -RLn tKH gang HacK 7uHVGay aItHUnRRn bHgLnnLng at 12:30 S.P. Ln tKH PaLn library.
• Blood Pressure Screening: FRuUtK 7uHVGay aItHUnoon of each month from 1 tR 2 S.P. 1R aSSRLntPHnt RU fee. The North Penn VisitLng 1uUVH AVVRcLatLRn wLll offer free blood pressure VcUHHnLngV. 1Hw Gay anG tLPH: BHgLnnLng 0ay 16 tKH VcUHHnLng wLll alVR bH RIfered the third Thursday of HacK PRntK IURP 12:30 tR 1:30 S.P.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: Second and fourth WHGnHVGay aItHUnRRn at 2 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes — Players of all abilities are welcome to play HYHUy 7KuUVGay 1 tR 4 S.P. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Red Cross Blood Drive: June 10 IURP 1 tR 6 S.P. Ln the community rooms.
• Beef n’ Beer: August 3 from 7 to 11 p.m. at the UpSHU GwynHGG FLUHKRuVH. All SURcHHGV bHnHfit tKH FULHnGV RI tKH LLbUaUy. 7LcNHtV $25 Ln aGYancH, $35 at tKH GRRU. SLgn uS by callLng RU VtRSSLng Ln tKH lLbUaUy.
• RSVP APPRISE: FRuUtK 7uHVGay RI HacK month from 1 p.m. to 3:30 S.P. 0HGLcaUH CRunselors are trained by the State Health Insurance AVVLVtancH 3URgUaP. All cRunVHlLng LV IUHH & cRnfiGHntLal. 0HHtLngV can bH LnGLYLGual RU Ln gURuSV. Call 610-834-1040 Ext. 46 with questions or to schedule an appointment.
• Redner’s Save-A-Tape Program: Pick up a free customer card at Redner’s anG jRLn tKH SaYH-a-7aSH 3URgUaP. AItHU yRuU caUG LV UHgLVtHUHG, GURS yRuU UHgister receipts at the library cLUculatLRn GHVN. WH’ll taNH care of the rest. This progUaP SURYLGHV a caVK UHbatH to the library based on sales. Your card must be presented at time of purchase for the Library to receive the cash rebate.
• Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are available for free through the library! BRRNV aUH cRPSatLble with all Nooks, Kindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction VKHHt IRU yRuU VSHcLfic GHvice, all you need is a curUHnt lLbUaUy caUG! HaYLng tURublH gHttLng VtaUtHG? StRS by tKH lLbUaUy any 0RnGay aItHU 5 S.P. IRU RnH-Rn-RnH help.
• Honor the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School: Help the library remember those that lost tKHLU lLYHV by SuUcKaVLng a fiUVt-gUaGH lHYHl bRRN tR add to the library shelves. Inside each book will be a VSHcLal PHVVagH wLtK tKH LPagH RI an angHl, tKH name of a victim, and, if requested, the name of the IaPLly wKR LV GRnatLng tKH book in their memory. A GRnatLRn RI $15 wLll SuUchase the book and personalLzHG bRRNSlatH. FUNDRAISING: • Adopt-A-Brick: FRU $100, an HngUaYHG bULcN will be installed at the VetHUanV 0HPRULal Flag 3RlH. OUGHU IRUPV aYaLlablH at tKH library.
• Byers Choice: StRUyTeller is available for sale at tKH lLbUaUy. $70/HacK SluV $10 LI VKLSSLng LV nHHGHG.
• Donate your car to the North Wales Area Library: 7KH lLbUaUy wLll bHnHfit IURP tKH SURcHHGV RI tKH ValH RU ValYagH RI yRuU vehicle and your donation is tax deductable. Contact Point Service Center and tell them you want to donate yRuU YHKLclH tR tKH 1WAL. AUUangHPHntV wLll bH PaGH to tow your vehicle, if necessary, at no cost to you. Call Point Service Center at 215-699-7,RE (8473) or email pointservicectr@ gPaLl.cRP.
• Entertainment Books: Get your discount coupon book and support the libUaUy. CRVt: $30. town Rd., Towamencin: BallURRP GancH claVVHV: Learn the basics of the fox tURt, cKa cKa, jLttHUbug anG waltz. BHgLnnHUV ballURRP: 7KuUVGayV, 6:30 tR 7:30 p.m. Intermediate ballURRP: 7KuUVGayV, 5:30 tR 6:30 S.P. BHgLnnHUV lLnH GancLng: 7KuUVGayV, 12:30-1 S.P. LLnH GancLng: 7KuUVGayV, 1 S.P. 7aS GancLng: 7KuUVGayV, 10:30 a.P. CRVt LV $24 IRU VLx-wHHN VHVVLRnV. Call 215-362-7432 IRU LnIRUPatLRn anG UHgLVtUatLRn. ,nVtUuctRU -RKn LRng KaV bHHn tHacKLng ballURRP, taS anG line dance at many venues LncluGLng tKH 3EA. CHntHU IRU RYHU 20 yHaUV.
• The center hosts talented regional performing artists one Friday afternoon per month. FRU PRUH LnIRUPatLRn, call 215-3627432.
• The center hosts evening dances for adults 55 years of age and older the second Friday of each PRntK IURP 7:30 tR 10:30 S.P. 7KH HYHnLng LncluGHV a lLYH banG. 7LcNHtV aUH $8 SHU person and can be purchased at the door.