• Adults Discuss Books: One Tuesday evening each month, 7 to 9 p.m. at the library! Books are available for $10 each: July 30 “The Paris Wife” by Paul McLain (Note Date Change).
CLUBS WITH NO FEES:
• Bridge Group: Each Wednesday afternoon from 1 to 3 p.m. For experienced bridge players.
• Teen Club (ages 12 and up): Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a good book, movie or game with friends. Check out our Facebook page by searching North Wales Teen Book Club and like us to receive updates and reminders.
• Knit One, Purl Two Club — Bring your yarn and pattern and come join the knitters by the fireplace each Tuesday beginning at 10 a.m.
• Mahjong Group — Join the gang each Tuesday afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the main library.
• Blood Pressure Screening: The NP Visiting Nurse Association will offer free blood pressure screenings June 20, July 18 and August 15 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. No appointment or fee.
• Wii Bowling for Adults: Second and fourth Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Players of all abilities are welcome to play every Thursday 1 to 4 p.m.
• Tai Chi for Arthritis Classes: Sign up now for Level 2 classes. This is a safe, easy- to- learn exercise class that increases vitality, mental clarity and calms the spirit. No experience or special equipment needed. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Taught by a certified instructor. Classes $ 5 per session. Call the Library for information. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Golf Outing: Sept. 27 at Limekiln Golf Club. Save the date; details coming soon.
• Beef n’ Beer: August 3 from 7 to 11 p. m. at the Upper Gwynedd Firehouse. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Library. Tickets $ 25 in advance, $ 35 at the door. Sign up by calling or stopping in the library.
• RSVP APPRISE: Fourth Tuesday of each month from 1 p. m. to 3: 30 p. m. Medicare Counselors are trained by the State Health Insurance Assistance Program. All counseling is free & confidential. Meetings can be individual or in groups. Call 610- 834- 1040 Ext. 46 with questions or to schedule an appointment.
• Redner’s Save- ATape Program: Pick up a free customer card at Redner’s and join the Save- a- Tape Program. After your card is registered, drop your register receipts at the library circulation desk. We’ll take care of the rest. This program provides a cash rebate to the library based on sales. Your card must be presented at time of purchase for the Library to receive the cash rebate.
• Get a new eReader or Smartphone? Library eBooks and audiobooks for these devices are available for free through the library! Books are compatible with all Nooks, Kindles, tablets, iPods, iPhones and androids. Ask at the circulation desk for an instruction sheet for your specific device, all you need is a current library card! Having trouble getting started? Stop by the library any Monday after 5 p. m. for one- on- one help.
• Honor the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School: Help the library remember those that lost their lives by purchasing a firstgrade level book to add to the library shelves. Inside each book will be a special message with the image of an angel, the name of a victim, and, if requested, the name of the family who is donating the book in their memory. A donation of $15 will purchase the book and personalized bookplate. FUNDRAISING: • Adopt-A-Brick: For $100, an engraved brick will be installed at the Vet- erans Memorial Flag Pole. Order forms available at the library.
• Byers Choice: StoryTeller is available for sale at the library. $ 70/ each plus $ 10 if shipping is needed.
• Donate your car to the North Wales Area Library: The library will benefit from the proceeds of the sale or salvage of your vehicle and your donation is tax deductable. Contact Point Service Center and tell them you want to donate your vehicle to the NWAL. Arrangements will be made to tow your vehicle, if necessary, at no cost to you. Call Point Service Center at 215699-TIRE (8473) or email pointservicectr@ gmail. com.
• Entertainment Books: Get your discount coupon book and support the library. Cost: $30.