Encore Experiences at Harleysville and The PEAK Center will be offering a trip to Ocean City, N.J., August 12. Spend the day enjoying the beach and boardwalkk, take a stroll on Asbury Street for some great shopping or hit the ORFDO SLzzD MRLnWV. &RVW LV $37 per person. For more information on this trip, visit www.encoreexperiences.org or www. peakcenter.org. at 11:30 a.m. at The PEAK Center, 1292 Allentown ooad, Suite A, Lansdale. Aquatic exercises such as water aerobics, water pilates and deep-water pool jogging are effective ways for you to VWDy fiW DnG LPSrRYH DHrRELF health. Low-impact aerobic exercise elevates the heart rate while reducing pressure on joints. The water provides resistance that you can control during the workout. This is part of a lunch and learn series. Attendees of this program are welcome to either brown bag it or enjoy lunch at no cost at The PEAK Center. Call The PEAK Center Welcome Desk at 215-3627432 IRr PRrH LnIRrPDWLRn or visit www.peakcenter.org
DRylHVWRwn HRVSLWDl, lRFDWHG DW 595 W. SWDWH SW., DRylHVWRwn, wLll RIIHU WhH IRllRwLnJ SURJUDPV:
The monthly support JURuS, BuLlGLnJ WhH FDPLly, wLll PHHW AuJuVW 1 from 7 WR 9 S.P. DW &KLOGrHn’V 9LOlage. This monthly group for teen parents and their children discusses topics relevant to parenting and introduces methods and resources essential to raising healthy young children and achievLnJ VHOI-VuIfiFLHnFy. TKH group is sponsored by Child, Home and Community, Inc., a community partner. The program is free. oegistration is required, call 215-3489770. )Rr PRrH LnIRrPDWLRn, visit www.chcinfo.org.
ThH 9.I.A. AuGLWRULuP of the Health & Wellness &HnWHU, 847 EDVWRn 5RDG, WDUULnJWRn, wLll RIIHU WhH IRllRwLnJ SURJUDPV:
• WHLJh WR LRVH: A unique weight management program with the primary goal of achieving weight loss that is sustainable for life. This program is offered by Healthy Directions Nutrition Therapy & Counseling of Doylestown Hospital. vou must have an individual consultation prior to starting the weekly classes. oegister and schedule individual consultation by July 9 for session starting -uly 23; register by AuJuVW 27 for session starting SHSWHPEHU 17. Enrollment is ongoing and new participants are accepted every 8 weeks. Classes offered on Thursdays. The fee is A25. For more information or to register, contact Audrey Fleck, oD, LDN, at 215-9185701 Rr DflHFN@GK.RrJ.
Lansdale’s Department of Parks and Recreation LV SDUWnHULnJ wLWh 9LvD Community Fitness to ofIHU yRuWh DnG DGulW fiWnHVV classes. Classes scheduled include voga/Pilates and wumba. Classes will be held in the Parks and oecreation Building, 660 Lansdale Ave., Lansdale. For complete course description, fee, and registration form, visit the department’s web site at www.lansdale.org or call 215-361-8353.
NRUWh PHnn 9NA UHminds area residents that it is not too late to get your flu VhRW. NRUWh PHnn 9LVLWLnJ NuUVH AVVRFLDWLRn VWLll hDV flu (LnfluHnzD) VhRWV available. Shots are free for adults who use Medicare B as their primary health insurance. Medicare cards must be presented to receive the vaccine at no cost. All others will be charged A25, payable in cash or by check. A receipt will be provided so you may obtain reimbursement from your insurance company. Please call 215855-6191 to schedule a time that is convenient for you to rHFHLYH yRur flu VKRW.
ExSHULHnFH yRuU TUuH Self through Sahaja YRJD MHGLWDWLRn: Free classes every Saturday 2: 30 to 4: 30 p. m. at Lansdale Parks and oecreation Building 660 Lansdale $YH ( DW 7WK 6W), / DnVGDOH, 19446 For more informaWLRn: 215- 361- 7137 Rr LnIR@ VynRrWKSHnn. RrJ
The Greater North Penn Dental Initiative at North PHnn 9NA SURvLGHV GHntal services to individuDlV, FhLlGUHn, IDPLlLHV DnG VHnLRUV whR GR nRW hDvH dental insurance. Services include exams, x-rays, FOHDnLnJV, fiOOLnJV, VHDODnWV, extractions, denture adjustPHnWV DnG GHnWurH fiWWLnJV, and are provided by licensed dentists and dental assistants. Patients must live in the North Penn, Wissahickon or Souderton school districts to be eligible for care. Payment for services is based on a sliding scale system that considers household income and household size. The Greater North Penn Dental Initiative is located at the North Penn sNA building at 51 Medical Campus Drive in Lansdale. Call for your apSRLnWPHnW DW 1-877-G2-1360,/(6 Rr 1-877-466-7764 or visit www.npvna.org.
ThH PEA. & HnWHU, 1292 AllHnWRwn 5RDG, TRwDPHnFLn, RIIHUV IUHH health- related programs for adults 55 years of age and older. Information: 215- 362- 7432.
• AFuSUHVVuUH DnG VHDWHG hHDG, nHFN DnG VhRulGHU massages are offered at The PEAK Center on a monthly basis. The cost for each treatment is A15 for 15 minutes and A25 for 30 minutes. Appointments can be made at The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, 215362-7432.
• AUWhULWLV SuSSRUW Group — The Arthritis Support Group, sponsored by the NPsNA, meets 10:30-11:30 a.m. on the third Friday of each month at The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale. The program is free and open to the public. For more information, contact The PEAK Center at 215-362-7432.
• FDUPHUV’ MDUNHW Nutrition Program — The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St., Lansdale, will be a distribution site for Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupons. Coupons are available to participants who are residents of Montgomery County, 60+ years of age, whose income does not exceed A20,036 or A26,955 for a couple. Coupons will be distributed 1011 a.m. on Tuesdays, and 2-3 p.m. on Thursdays. Proof of age is required.
• GluFRVH &lLnLF: Bayada Nurses sponsors free glucose testing on the fourth Tuesday of each month at The PEAK Center. Fasting is not required, but it is best to limit your breakfast intake. This is a free service offered to the community 9:30-10:30 a.m. For more information, contact The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main Street, Lansdale, telephone, 215-362-7432.
• “HHDlWhy LLvLnJ,” a weight control program, is held Thursdays at 2 p.m.
• Tai Chi classes are offered Mondays at 5 p.m., the cost is A25 for a six week session and voga is offered Mondays at 6:30 p.m. and the cost is A30 for a six week session.
TOPS &luE, InF. (TDNH OII PRunGV SHnVLEly), D nRnSURfiW wHLJhW lRVV VuSSRUW RUJDnLzDWLRn, hDV HVWDElLVhHG D nHw FhDSWHU. Weekly meetings will be held at the North Penn and Indian salley vMCAs Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and at the Lansdale branch Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. sisitors are welcome to DWWHnG WKHLr firVW PHHWLnJ IrHH of charge. Membership is A28 per year plus nominal chapter fees. For more information on TOPS, visit www.tops.org.
The Wellness CommuniWy AW ThH AnnH MF&RuFh &HnWHU (1000 W. MDLn SW., LDnVGDlH, 215-393-9105) wLll hRVW WhH IRllRwLnJ VSHFLDl HvHnWV:
ONGOING WEE.LY P5OG5AMS
• Beginners Tai Chi: 6:30 WR 7 S.P.
• Intermediate Tai Chi: 7 WR 7:30 S.P.
610.433.2357 • 610.954.5400