Arkansas postcard past By Ray Hanley
Little Rock, circa 1915
The city’s municipal auditorium — built in a southwest mission style — once sat next to City Hall on Markham Street. At the time, it was hosting a meeting called “Lakes To The Gulf Deep Waterway Convention.” The building was torn down in the early 1920s and replaced by a fire station, which has since been converted to City Hall offices.
Send questions or comments to Arkansas Postcard Past, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, Ark. 72203.