Lane Hotel history
The 42,000-square-foot building at Second and Poplar streets in downtown Rogers was built in 1928 and opened as the Lane Hotel. It later became known as the Harris Hotel and Hotel Arkansas. The building closed as a hotel in 1965.
The Defenders of the Christian Faith bought the building in 1967 and opened it as The Defender’s Townhouse, beginning the building’s use as a retirement home. Joe and Dera Keen bought it in 1977 and renamed it the Rogers Townhouse. It was renamed Peachtree at the Lane in 1999.
Peachtree closed as a retirement home in October 2003. KLS Leasing of Delaware, a company affiliated with the Walton Family Foundation, bought the building in 2015. The company is leasing the building to Haas Hall Academy.