Cumberland fire displaces family
Fire chief says incident looks accidental; no one injured
CUMBERLAND — A fire that broke out Monday afternoon has displaced the family living at 4 Roosevelt Road, according to Cumberland Fire Chief Kenneth Finlay.
There were two occupants in the house at the time the fire started but they made it out of the house uninjured, he said.
“It appears to be accidental,” Finlay said. “They had an alternative fuel stove heating the house, and it appears that the piping became dislodged.”
It took firefighters about a half-hour to put out the flames in the slat roof on the right side of the house, he said. The roof covered a tongue and groove ceiling.
The home is currently uninhabitable, according to Finlay, because there was downing of the electrical circuits, and so the power had to be disconnected.
Cumberland Fire and Rescue responded to the fire, along with the fire departments of Albion and Lime Rock.
The American Red Cross is also providing assistance.
A fire that broke out Monday afternoon has displaced the family living at 4 Roosevelt Road, according to Cumberland Fire Chief Kenneth Finlay. Here, crews inspect the damage to the home after the flames were extinguished.