TOP TEN PLACES TO REALLY GO GREEN!
1. The Goose’s Acre Bistro & Irish Pub 21 Waterway Ave The Woodlands, TX 77380 Phone (281) 466-1502
The Buzz: You can’t go wrong here. On St. Patty’s Day expect Bagpipe players, live bands, Irish dancers AND green beer! Goose’s Acre is THE Irish Pub in the Woodlands. After 2pm it’s ages 21 and up.
2. Baker St. Pub & Grill 25 Waterway Ave The Woodlands, TX 77380 Phone (281) 362-7431
The Buzz: Certainly Baker Street references Sherlock Holmes, an English Detective extraordinaire, but this pub is still just a hop, skip and jump away from Goose’s so expect Bagpipes. Live bands starting at 4pm, over 21 starts at 4pm plus the green beer starts pouring on Wednesday! This is the next best place to celebrate!
3. Molly’s Pub 24905 Interstate 45 Spring, TX 77380 Phone (281) 367-1341
The Buzz: Food, Beer the gangs all here! Live DJ spinning the tunes, Irish Stew as well as Corn Beef & Cabbage, plus all the green beer you would want. Plus a visit from the Bagpipes!
4. The Golden Retriever Pub 6960 FM 1488 Magnolia, TX 77354 Phone (281) 259-2628
The Buzz: Pulling together things last minute and making it all Irish. Live band, green beer, plus Guinness and the Irish Car Bomb.
5. Bennigan’s 18450 I-45 S Shenandoah, TX 77381 Phone (936) 207-4187
The Buzz: Green Beer, “Tipsy Irishman” and the “Irish Mule” are new drinks. Corn Beef and Cabbage all week long plus Irish Street Tacos and everyone who visits get a scratch-off ticket to win a possible trip to Ireland!
6. Genuwine Tasting Room 6503 FM 1488 Magnolia, TX 77354 Phone (832) 934-2675
The Buzz: Live music with Sean Harrold however no Irish food, but never fear, everything flowing will be green, both beer AND wine! $3 green bubbles all day.
7. Mo’s Irish Pub 138 Vintage Park Rd Houston, TX 77070 Phone (281) 251-0715
The Buzz: At only six weeks into its business life, Mo’s is Houston’s number one Irish pub! St. Patty’s Day all five taps of Guinness will flow, the green beer will be everywhere in both of their full bars. Every one of their 450 seats will be taken if you aren’t there to take a few for you and your lass or lad! Live bands starting at noon and playing through to 11pm. Scratch Irish kitchen, Irish dancers and two Bagpipe appearances.
8. Molly Malone’s Pub 7824 Louetta Rd Spring, TX 77379 Phone (281) 370-4949
The Buzz: Molly Malone’s plans on hosting a lot of the fallout from Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day parade on FM 1960. Live music, green beer, Irish trivia and prize games, Irish food galore, crawfish, DJs, green Jello shots and much more!
9. Molly Maguires 15945 Kuykendahl Rd Houston, TX 77068 Phone (281) 580-6167
The Buzz: Opens at 11 but the festivities start on Sunday the 12th right after the FM 1960 St. Patrick’s Day parade with an Irish Stew cookoff. The cookoff starts at 6pm. On the 17th, the pub offers up green beer among their 33 beverage choices plus drink specials all day long.
10. Olde City Pub & Grill 14124 Stuebner Airline Houston, TX 77069 Phone (832) 249-6167
The Buzz: Irish food and drink specials, green beer, DJ, crawfish, and probably the best post-St. Patrick’s Day parade crowd in all of Houston. One of Houston’s oldest and most authentic Irish pub and grill of them all.