At the Library
Abington Township Public Library, 1030 Old York Road, Abington, will hold the following:
• “Somewhere in Time” fiOP wLOO WDNH SODFH $SULO 11 at 9:30 a.m. Burton hlein will present the program.
• Preschool Pajama Parties will take place April 10 at 7 p.m. The free 45-minute programs will feature stories, songs and simple crafts.
• Bill of Rights program for homeschoolers will take place April 17 at 1 p.m. for ages 8 to 13. During this fastpaced game show, students will learn about the Bill of Rights and its creation.
• Drop-in Story Times for children and their caregivers take place Thursdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Readers from the Jenkintown hiwanis Club will present the program.
• Wired Wednesdays take place the second, third and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. in the computer room. Learn about eBooks from the library’s Overdrive catalog
• Computer Resources/ Research Classes take place WKH fiUVW :HGnHVGDy RI WKH month at 2 p.m. Learn about using a library account, accessing resources online and more. The library also offers one-on-one classes. Registration is required for these free classes.
• Socrates Café meets every second Wednesday of the month from 10:30 to noon and the fourth Friday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. any and every question under the sun. Walk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second Tuesday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Persons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Daytime Book Discussion Group meets every fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH PRnWK at 1 p.m. No registration required. Walk-ins welcome.
• Become a Tutor at the Abington Free Library Adult Literacy Program. Free tutoring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning bnglish as a second language, or need to improve their writing or math skills. Call Rob Naborn at 215-885-5183 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• World War II Lecture Series meets every third Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Information: 215-8855180; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
• Elkins Park Free Library, 563 b. Church Road, blkins Park will hold the following:
• Once Upon a Storytime for ages 3 to 5 takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Teensy Tales Storytime for ages 1 to 2 takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
Glenside Free Library, 215 S. heswick Ave., dlenside, will hold the following:
• Parachute Play for ages 2 to 4 will take place Thursdays at 4 p.m. Movementbased storytime designed to GHYHORS finH DnG JURVV PRWRU skills.
• Toddler Storytime for ages 1 to 2 will take place Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3 to 5 will take place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• English Language and Civics Classes take place Thursdays at 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m.
• Glenside Book Club will meet March 28 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss “The bnd of Your Life Book Club” by Will Schwalbe.
Hutingdon Vallay Library, 625 Red Lion Road, Huntgindon Valley, will hold the following:
• Kremp Floaral Design Workshop will take place April 17 at 1:30 p.m. at hremp Florist, 220 Davisville Road, Willow drove. Registration due by April 1.
• Mah Jongg takes place Mondays at 11:30 a.m. for $2 a session.
• Sit N Knit takes place Mondays at 4 p.m. All experiences and ages welcome.
• Canasta takes place Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. Play is $2 and lessons are $5.
• Friends of the Huntingdon Valley Library meets WKH fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH month at 12:30 p.m. Membership is $10 a year.
• Mother-Daughter Book Club will take place April 8 from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
• Bricks 4 Kidz will take place April 12 from 4 to 5 p.m. for children ages 7 to 11.
• Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
• Movies are shown Fridays at 2 p.m. Program is free.
Information: 215-9475138 or www.hvlibrary.org.
Jenkintown Library, 460 Old York Road, Jenkintown, will hold the following:
• Craft Time meets the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of the month from 7 to 9 p.m. in the community room. Bring your craft stuff and spend time with other crafters working on your projects.
• Community Drop-off Center for your donations to the JUMP food cupboard program. Non-perishable food items are gratefully accepted.
Information: jkl.mclinc. org.
Roslyn Branch Library, 2412 Avondale Ave., Roslyn, will present the following events:
• Baby Days will take place various Tuesdays through June. Babies and caregivers will sing songs, UHDG VWRULHV DnG GR finJHU plays. Dates are April 16 and 23, May 7 and 28, and June 4. Program is for children 5 months to 2.
• Glorious English Gardens with Pauline Myers will take place April 8 from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Lush Landscapes for Small Spaces will take place April 15 from 7 to 8 p.m. Mary Mchnight will present the program.
• Attracting Songbirds will Marc Radell will take place April 22 from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Computer Aid is available Saturdays through June 8 from 11 a.m. to noon.
Information: 215-8869818; abingtonfreelibrary. org.
• Union Library of Hatboro, 243 S. York Road, Hatboro, will hold the following:
• Baby & Me for babies 6 to 18 months take place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. The Lapsit Program features VRnJV, VWRULHV DnG finJHUSODy. Call to register.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3 and up will take place Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. Children will enjoy stories, crafts and songs.
• Toddlertime for ages 18 months to 3 will take place Fridays at 10:30 a.m. Stories, crafts and songs will be featured.
• Reading Goes to the
the month at 2 p.m. Program encourages children to read out loud. Registration is required.
• Movie Matinee will take place the second Tuesday of the month at 2 p.m.
Information: 215-672-1420; email@example.com.
rpper Moreland cree Public Library, 109 Park Ave., Willow Grove, will hold the following:
• camily cun Zone @ Your Library will take place April 15 at 7 p.m. Juggler and magician Al Angello will perform.
• Action Stories forAllAges takes place Mondays at 2 p.m. Leap, catch stretch and move during this story time program.
• Toddler Story Times for ages 18 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Babies and Books story time for caregivers and infants ages 6 to 18 months takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Story Time for children ages 3 to 5 takes place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Program features stories and a themed craft or coloring project.
• Kids Crafts takes place Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for school-age children.
• Young Explorers program for ages 24 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Monday Night Knitter’s droup takes place every Monday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. All are welcome. Bring yarn and needles and progress through simple projects with instruction from Lisa, the group leader.
Information: 215-659-0741 or www.uppermorelandlibrary. org. low Grove Super Giant, 315 York Road. “The Arc of Eleanor Rossevelt’s Journey” will be presented by Ann Elkins. Cost for meeting and lunch is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers.
Information: 215-6757469; firstname.lastname@example.org.