At the Library
Abington Township Public Library, 1030 Old York Road, Abington, will hold the following:
• Drop-in Story Times for children and their caregivers take place Thursdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Readers from the Jenkintown hiwanis Club will present the program.
• Wired Wednesdays take place the second, third and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. in the computer room. Learn about eBooks from the library’s Overdrive catalog
• Computer Resources/ Research Classes take place WKH fiUVW :HGnHVGDy RI WKH month at 2 p.m. Learn about using a library account, accessing resources online and more. The library also offers one-on-one classes. Registration is required for these free classes.
• Socrates Café meets every second Wednesday of the month from 10:30 to noon and the fourth Friday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. any and every question under the sun. Walk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second Tuesday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Persons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Daytime Book Discussion Group meets every fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH PRnWK at 1 p.m. No registration required. Walk-ins welcome.
• Become a Tutor at the Abington Free Library Adult Literacy Program. Free tutoring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning English as a second language, or need to improve their writing or math skills. Call Rob Naborn at 215-885-5183 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
• World War II Lecture Series meets every third Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Information: 215-8855180; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
Hutingdon Vallay Library, 625 Red Lion Road, Huntgindon Valley, will hold the following:
• Mah Jongg takes place Mondays at 11:30 a.m. for $2 a session.
• Sit N Knit takes place Mondays at 4 p.m. All experiences and ages welcome.
• Canasta takes place Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. Play is $2 and lessons are $5.
• Friends of the Huntingdon Valley Library meets WKH fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH month at 12:30 p.m. Membership is $10 a year.
• Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
• Movies are shown Fridays at 2 p.m. Program is free.
Information: 215-9475138 or www.hvlibrary.org.
Union Library of Hatboro, 243 S. York Road, Hatboro, will hold the following:
• Baby & Me for babies 6 to 18 months take place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. The Lapsit Program features VRnJV, VWRULHV DnG finJHUSODy. Call to register.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3 and up will take place Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. Chil- dren will enjoy stories, crafts and songs.
• Toddlertime for ages 18 months to 3 will take place Fridays at 10:30 a.m. Stories, crafts and songs will be featured.
• Reading Goes to the Dogs for children kindergarWHn WR fiIWK-JUDGH wLOO WDNH place the last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m. Program encourages children to read out loud. Registration is required.
• Movie Matinee will take place the second Tuesday of the month at 2 p.m.
Information: 215-6721420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper Moreland Free Public Library, 109 Park Ave., Willow Grove, will hold the following:
• Daytime Adult Book Discussion Group will meet May 2 from 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. to discuss “Open City” by Teju Cole.
• Action Stories for All Ages takes place Mondays at 2 p.m. Leap, catch stretch and move during this story time program.
• Toddler Story Times for ages 18 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Babies and Books story time for caregivers and infants ages 6 to 18 months takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Story Time for children ages 3 to 5 takes place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Program features stories and a themed craft or coloring project.
• Kids Crafts takes place Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for school-age children.
• Young Explorers program for ages 24 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Monday Night Knitter’s Group takes place every Monday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. All are welcome. Bring yarn and needles and progress through simple projects with instruction from Lisa, the group leader.
Information: 215-6590741 or www.uppermorelandlibrary.org.