Autumn Roads Runner
Turn a collection of themed scraps into a gorgeous table runner for your next fall gathering.
• 32 assorted autumn print and tonal
2" x 31/2" A rectangles* • 16 assorted tan print and tonal
2" x 61/2" B rectangles* • 1/4 yard gold print* • 3/ 8 yard coordinating plaid* • 1/2 yard orange pumpkin print* • Backing to size • Batting to size • Basic sewing tools and supplies
I like to make scrappy quilt designs featuring simple shapes like squares and rectangles. Fast-to-make scrappy runners can look great in a variety of different colorways and themes.” — Tricia Lynn Maloney
*Welcome Fall fabric collection from Moda used to make sample.
2. Join the C strips on the short ends to make one long strip; press. Subcut strip into two 2" x 481/2" C strips.
3. Sew the C strips to opposite long sides of the center strip; press.
4. Join the D strips on the short ends to make one long strip; press. Subcut strip into two 31/2" x 481/2" D strips.
5. Sew the D strips to opposite long sides of the bordered center strip to complete the runner top; press.
6. Create a quilt sandwich referring to Quilting Basics on page 94. 7. Quilt as desired. 8. Bind edges referring to Quilting Basics on page 94 to finish.
Autumn Roads Runner Quilting Diagram