COMPLETING THE BED RUNNER
Refer to the Assembly Diagram for arranging blocks and triangles in diagonal rows and adding border strips.
1. Arrange and join the Bear Paw blocks with the K and L triangles in diagonal rows; press.
2. Join the rows to complete the bed runner center; press.
3. Join the M/Q strips on the short ends to make a long strip; press. Subcut strip into two each 11/2" x 60" M strips and 11/2" x 711/2" Q strips.
4. Sew M strips to opposite long sides and N strips to the short ends of the bed runner center; press.
5. Join 31 O rectangles to make a pieced strip; press. Repeat to make a second pieced strip.
6. Sew a pieced strip to opposite long sides of the bed runner center; press.
7. Join 13 P rectangles to make an end strip; press. Repeat to make a second end strip.
8. Sew an end strip to each short end of the bed runner center.
9. Sew Q strips to opposite long sides and R strips to the short ends of the bed runner center to complete the quilt top; press.
10. Create a quilt sandwich referring to Quilting Basics on page 110. 11. Quilt as desired. 12. Bind referring to Quilting Basics on page 110 to finish. QW