COMPLETING THE QUILT
Refer to the Assembly Diagram for construction steps.
1. Arrange and join four Boardwalk blocks with three H strips to make a block row; press. Repeat to make a total of four block rows.
2. Join four H strips with three I squares to make a sashing row; press. Repeat to make a total of three sashing rows.
3. Join the block rows with the sashing rows to complete the pieced center.
4. Join the J/K strips on the short ends to make one long strip; press. Subcut strip into two each 2" x 521/2" J strips and 2" x 551/2" K strips.
5. Sew the J strips to the top and bottom, and K strips to opposite sides of the quilt center to complete the quilt top; press.
6. Create a quilt sandwich referring to Quilting Basics on page 94. 7. Quilt as desired. 8. Bind edges referring to Quilting Basics on page 94 to finish.
Boardwalk Assembly Diagram 551/ 2" x 551/ 2"
Boardwalk Quilting Diagram