Scrappy But Sane
This traditional pattern comes alive when you add a white background and bold, bright autumn colors to it.
Put your scraps to work.
• 1/ 3 yard each 2 red batiks* • 1/ 3 yard each orange, yellow, bright green, purple and navy batiks* • 5/ 8 yards navy batik* • 31/4 yards white tonal • Backing to size • Batting to size • Thread • Basic sewing tools and supplies
COMPLETING THE BLOCKS
1. Mark a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of each C square. Repeat to mark the remaining diagonal as shown in Figure 1. Draw horizontal and vertical centerlines, again referring to Figure 1.
2. Place a C square right sides together with an A square; stitch ¼" from each side of the marked diagonal lines only as shown in Figure 2.
3. Cut the stitched unit in half on the horizontal and vertical centerlines to make four units as shown in Figure 3.
4. Cut each of the four units in half on the marked diagonal lines and press open to make eight A-C units as shown in Figure 4.