COMPLETING THE RUNNER
1. Fold the B strip in half along length and width and crease to mark the center. Note: If it is hard to see the crease, mark the center with a water-erasable pen.
2. Arrange the black and off-white A pieces along the creased center, placing one end off-white A piece at each end as shown in Figure 6. Add remaining A pieces.
Note: Except for end A pieces, all remaining A pieces still have flags at each end.
3. When you are satisfied with the positioning of all A pieces, take a digital photo for reference as you sew the pieces together.
4. Pick up one end off-white A piece and one A beside it to sew together. Place the pieces right sides together with the folded-over tip on the outside edge. Knot the thread and pass the needle through the fabric edges of both A pieces, catching a few threads of each piece as shown in Figure 7.
5. Continue stitching in as in step 4 until you reach the end of the side; knot the thread. Pick up the next A piece to attach to the other side of the end piece and attach in the same manner, carefully matching the end points as shown in
Figure 8. Note: When you reach a flag, fold it under the pieces, out of the way, as you stitch. After stitching is complete, you may trim the excess flag now or as in step 7 to reduce bulk.
6. Continue to add A pieces, working across the center row until you have joined all the pieces referring to Figure 9.
7. When all pieces have been joined, press well, remove basting stitches and carefully pop out the cardstock
Holiday Diamonds Quilting Diagram
Holiday Diamonds Placement Diagram 651/ 2" x 12"