Dog alerts fam­ily to fire haz­ard; all es­cape

Record Observer - - News -

CEN­TRE­VILLE — A dog alerted its fam­ily to a fire that started in their de­tached garage and spread to the house Sun­day morn­ing, April 24.

Kevin and Do­minique Weeks, their two chil­dren and the dog all es­caped un­harmed, ac­cord­ing to Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

The fire started in a 30’ by 30’ wood-frame, de­tached garage at 311 Stan­ford Road, Cen­tre­ville, about 8:50 a.m., the re­sult of an elec­tri­cal fail­ure within an out­let, the fire mar­shal’s of­fice said.

The res­i­dence is owned by Laura Weeks. Dam­ages were es­ti­mated at $80,000 to the struc­ture and $75,000 to con­tents; the fire caused sig­nif­i­cant dam­age to two cars and a mo­tor­cy­cle, ac­cord­ing to the fire mar­shal’s re­port.

Good­will and neigh­bor­ing vol­un­teer fire com­pa­nies re­sponded with 35 fire­fight­ers who con­trolled the fire in about an hour, the fire mar­shal said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.