Queen Anne house dam­aged in one-alarm fire

Record Observer - - News -

QUEEN ANNE — A one-alarm fire dam­aged a house in Queen Anne on Mon­day morn­ing, May 23, but no one was in­jured.

The fire broke out in the util­ity room of a two-story, sin­gle fam­ily house at 13511 First Street at 10:10 a.m., ac­cord­ing to a state­ment from the Mary­land Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice. Cathy Cooper was iden­ti­fied as the owner/oc­cu­pant of the house by the fire mar­shal’s of­fice, which also stated that the blaze was dis­cov­ered by the oc­cu­pants.

Thirty fire­fight­ers re­sponded to the scene and con­trolled the fire in 10 min­utes, ac­cord­ing to the state­ment, which listed the Queen Anne-Hills­boro Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany as the pri­mary re­spond­ing depart­ment. There was no im­me­di­ate word on whether other com­pa­nies also re­sponded.

A smoke alarm alerted the oc­cu­pants of the house, the fire mar­shal’s of­fice said. The pre­lim­i­nary cause of the fire was listed as a clothes dryer mal­func­tion, the state­ment said.

Dam­ages were es­ti­mated at $40,000 for the struc­ture and $10,000 for its con­tents, ac­cord­ing to the fire mar­shal’s of­fice.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.