Blaze on surf­board spreads, ig­nites nearby garage

Record Observer - - News -

CHURCH HILL — An 11-year-old boy has been re­ferred to Queen Anne’s County Ju­ve­nile Ser­vices af­ter setting a surf­board on fire, which ig­nited the rear ex­te­rior of a garage in Church Hill on June 9, ac­cord­ing to the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

The fire at the 30 foot by 30 foot, wooden garage at 1504 Roe In­gle­side Road was dis­cov­ered by res­i­dent Kenya Wil­son at 5:42 p.m. The garage is owned by Su­nil Datta.

Church Hill Vol­un­teer Fire De­part­ment re­sponded to the sin­gle-alarm fire with 40 fire­fight­ers. Fire­fight­ers were able to con­trol the blaze in 30 min­utes, the fire mar­shal’s re­port said.

Dam­ages to the struc­ture were es­ti­mated at $5,000.

No in­juries were re­ported.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.