Elec­tri­cal fire dam­ages Cen­tre­ville home

Record Observer - - News -

CEN­TRE­VILLE — A Cen­tre­ville fire that caused $60,000 in struc­tural dam­ages on Tues­day, Dec. 13, was ruled an ac­ci­dent later in the day by the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

The wood frame, two story, sin­gle-fam­ily dwelling, lo­cated at 1427 Lands End Road, caught fire af­ter “com­mon com­bustibles” were ig­nited as a re­sult of con­struc­tion ac­tiv­i­ties to the home. The re­port said con­trac­tors were on site com­plet­ing unit re­mod­el­ing and cre­at­ing a new ad­di­tion to the home.

Crews re­moved elec­tri­cal ser­vice to the home as it put new sid­ing on the out­side of the struc­ture but Deputy Fire Mar­shal Matt Stevens said when the ser­vice was re­con­nected it was com­plet- ed in­cor­rectly and caused an elec­tri­cal fire.

The home, owned by Paul Frue­hauf, was un­oc­cu­pied at the time of the fire. No one was in­jured.

Fire­fight­ers from the Church Hill Vol­un­teer Fire Depart­ment, the pri­mary re­spond­ing depart­ment on scene, as well as mem­bers of the Good­will Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany, Queen­stown Vol­un­teer Fire Depart­ment, Sudlersville Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany and Ch­ester­town Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany also re­sponded. The one alarm fire took 45 fire­fight­ers more than an hour to con­trol, the fire mar­shal’s re­port said.

There was no smoke alarm ac­tive, the re­port said, be­cause the home was un­der con­struc­tion.

PHOTO BY CHURCH HILL VOL­UN­TEER FIRE DEPART­MENT

An elec­tri­cal fire caused by home con­struc­tion ac­tiv­i­ties caused $60,000 in struc­tural dam­ages to a Cen­tre­ville home on Tues­day, Dec. 13.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.