AARP of­fers tax fil­ing as­sis­tance

Record Observer - - Senior Satellite -

CENTREVILLE — AARP Tax-Aide is the na­tion’s largest, free vol­un­teer-run tax as­sis­tance ser­vice. It is of­fered to lowand mod­er­ate-in­come tax­pay­ers with spe­cial at­ten­tion to those age 60 and older.

The AARP Mid-Shore Tax-Aide pro­gram will op­er­ate through April 17 at two lo­ca­tions in Queen Anne’s County:

• The Kramer Cen­ter in Centreville. Call 410-758-0848 to set up an ap­point­ment be­tween 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Fridays.

• The Gra­sonville Se­nior Cen­ter. Call 410-827-6010 to set up an ap­point­ment be­tween 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tues­days.

The pro­gram’s vol­un­teers as­sist with fil­ing Form 1040 and stan­dard Sched­ule A, B, C — within lim­its — and Sched­ule D. Tax­pay­ers should bring a copy of their 2016 fed­eral and state in­di­vid­ual in­come tax re­turns, 2016 Form W-2, 1099, 1098 and Sched­ule K-1, if you re­ceive one, along with doc­u­ments that show tax-de­ductible ex­penses.

In ad­di­tion to these doc­u­ments, bring proof of iden­tity, which can in­clude a state-is­sued driver’s li­cense or stateis­sued iden­tity card and So­cial Se­cu­rity card, for all ex­emp­tions and de­pen­dents. All So­cial Se­cu­rity cards must be orig­i­nal doc­u­ments. No pho­to­copies will be ac­cepted.

Ad­di­tion­ally, bring in­for­ma­tion on health care cov­er­age for you, your spouse and all de­pen­dents. If you did not have health care cov­er­age for the full year, bring in­for­ma­tion on what months you had cov­er­age. If you pur­chased in­sur­ance from a mar­ket­place or ex­change, bring Form 1095A, B or C. Bring any health care ex­emp­tions re­ceived from the IRS or mar­ket­place, as well.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.