Space heater fire de­stroys RV

Record Observer - - News -

BARCLAY — A por­ta­ble space heater is be­ing blamed for a fire that de­stroyed an RV Tues­day after­noon in Barclay.

Sudlersville Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany re­sponded to the call at 4:06 p.m. to 2511 Barclay Road. It took 40 fire­fight­ers nearly 40 min­utes to sub­due the fire, which was re­ported by a passerby.

The 2008 40’ Tif­fin Phaeton Recre­ational Ve­hi­cle owned by Tony Con­ley, sus­tained a loss of about $150,000 plus con­tents, ac­cord­ing to the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice, which in­ves­ti­gated.

The Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice said the fire started in the liv­ing quar­ters lo­cated above rear axle. The fire was ruled ac­ci­den­tal due to me­chan­i­cal fail­ure of a por­ta­ble space heater.

Fire­fight­ers from Sudlersville re­spond to an RV fire re­ported by a passerby. GREG HAR­RIS

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.