Worker in­jured when com­puter bat­tery ex­plodes

Record Observer - - NEWS -

CEN­TRE­VILLE — An em­ployee at Bridges Be­hav­ioral Health and Well­ness on Lib­erty Street was in­jured Wed­nes­day morn­ing, April 19, when the lithium bat­tery in her com­puter ex­ploded and caught fire.

Good­will Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany re­sponded to the 10:23 a.m. call to the pro­fes­sional build­ing con­tain­ing mul­ti­ple of­fices at 207 N. Lib­erty St., but the fire was ex­tin­guished by an em­ployee prior to the fire depart­ment’s ar­rival, ac­cord­ing to the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

The 58-year-old woman sus­tained su­per­fi­cial burns to her face and up­per body and was taken via Mary­land State Po­lice he­li­copter Trooper 1 to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Cen­ter in Bal­ti­more for treat­ment, the fire mar­shal’s of­fice said. No con­di­tion was avail­able Wed­nes­day night.

The fire mar­shal’s of­fice ruled the fire ac­ci­den­tal, caused by the com­puter bat­tery ex­plod­ing.

The busi­ness had both smoke alarm and sprin­kler sys­tem, but the fire was ex­tin­guished quickly and nei­ther ac­ti­vated.

Dam­ages were es­ti­mated at $1,500 for con­tents with no dam­ages to the build­ing it­self.

The busi­ness is owned by psy­chother­a­pist Deb­o­rah L. Dadds.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.