Smok­ing ma­te­ri­als blamed for fire

Record Observer - - NEWS -

CEN­TRE­VILLE — Care­less use or dis­posal of smok­ing ma­te­ri­als was to blame for a fire that dam­aged a his­toric farm house April 10, ac­cord­ing to the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

The fire, which was dis­cov­ered by the oc­cu­pant, Cindy Fisher, about 5:32 p.m. did $5,000 in dam­ages to the twos­tory, sin­gle fam­ily house at 3017 Price Sta­tion Road, Cen­tre­ville, the fire mar­shal’s of­fice re­ported. Dam­age to con­tents was placed at $500.

The fire started in the roof of the porch over­hang. It took 30 fire­fight­ers about 40 min­utes to con­trol the blaze. Church Hill Vol­un­teer Fire Com­pany was the lead re­spon­der.

The smoke alarm was present and ac­ti­vated, the re­port said. The fire was ruled ac­ci­den­tal. No in­juries were re­ported.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.