Fire dam­ages Stevensville home

Record Observer - - News -

STEVENSVILLE — A house fire in Stevensville this past week­end has left one home­owner displaced. The fire on Mary­land Road was dis­cov­ered by a pizza de­liv­ery around noon on Sun­day, July 8.

Ac­cord­ing to the United Com­mu­ni­ties Vol­un­teer Fire De­part­ment, units from Sta­tion 9 and sur­round­ing com­pa­nies re­sponded to the work­ing dwelling fire. En­gine 91 ar­rived on lo­ca­tion to find a two-story dwelling with fire show­ing from the rear and roof. The sole oc­cu­pant, home­owner Paul Price, was out of the home when fir­fight­ers ar­rived.

The Of­fice of the State Fire Mar­shall has pre­lim­i­nar­ily de­ter­mined the cause of the fire to be ac­ci­den­tal, from im­prop­erly dis­carded smok­ing ma­te­ri­als on the ex­te­rior rear deck. The es­ti­mated loss of the struc­ture is $300,000 plus con­tents.

The home­owner has been displaced, but is cur­rently re­ceiv­ing as­sis­tance from fam­ily mem­bers.

UCVFD PHOTO

Units from United Com­mu­ni­ties Vol­un­teer Fire De­part­ment re­spond to a house fire on Mary­land Road July 8.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.