Enter local micro-business startup competition now
In an effort to create a local community of entrepreneurs, Crenshaw Realty has decided to challenge others to start a business. Oftentimes we think we have to be on Shark Tank or have a ton of money to have a successful business. However, this is not so. The author of “The $100 Startup” studied 1,500 “micro-businesses” and narrowed his research to 50 startups that generated $50,000 to several hundred thousand-plus in profit annually and oftentimes did it for less than $100 of startup capital. It is my desire to help several people grow a business here locally. I want to encourage and watch you enjoy the challenge and freedom that this challenge provides. As a result, I am personally challenging and encouraging you to create your own business, to see what you can create. Come grow Santaquin and the surrounding community with us! The rules are: • Create a business plan
• You can use any available resources (car, computer, anything you already have or is gifted/donated - document this)
• The business plan must be original work (don’t copy)
• The business plan must show how and why your business will work. (See the outline found at 100startup.com for ideas. The book is also inspirational.) Yours can be simpler or more complex, but this is a simple guide.
• Entries must be submitted by Friday, May 31, to CrenshawRealty@gmail.com. Award/Judging: • Three $100 awards will be given to the three best business plans on June 12. At least one award will be given to someone under 18. The three winners will also be highlighted on a one-page ad in Serve Daily.
• Business plans will be judged on the following three criteria: 1. Will it work? 2. How profitable will it be? 3. The lower the startup capital, the better.