Payson sets up summer watering schedule
Our water year is looking great so far. We just energized our pressurized irrigation this week. The city council has implemented the following watering schedule for 2017:
- Residents shall water with the pressurized srrigation system three times per week as set forth below:
- All water users with odd numbered addresses shall water only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- All water users with even numbered addresses shall water only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Watering times are from midnight to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to midnight. It is recommended that pop-up sprinkler heads operate at 20 minutes or less and rotating sprinkler heads operate at 30 minutes or less.
- Large water users, churches, schools, city parks and larger agricultural users will water during the daytime hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on days that coincide with address restrictions listed above. To accommodate public use and scheduled events, some city-owned parks and sports fields will modify their watering schedules.
- There shall be NO watering on Sundays, as this allows the system to recover.
There shall be no hard-surface washing of driveways and parking lots.
- It is unlawful for any pressurized irrigation user to waste water by imperfect stop-taps, valves, leaky joints or pipes. Water shall not be wasted by allowing water to run from hose bibs, excessive watering, open pipes or other apparatus, or to use the water in such a manner as to cause it to overflow into the neighboring yards, properties, streets or sidewalks.
On May 6, we will have our seventh annual Pay it Forward 5K/1 Mile event. To register, visit www.paysonutah.org. Great prizes will be awarded. Come and join this growing event.
The 33rd Annual Scottish Festival will take place July 7 and 8. For more information, visit www.paysonscottishfestival.org. Other events this summer include the 63rd Annual Salmon Supper on Aug. 4 from 5 to 8 p.m. and the Payson City Golden Onion Days celebration from Sept. 1 to 4. Come and enjoy the many events during the weekend and attend the parade on Sept. 4 at 10 a.m.
Payson Mayor Rick Moore