Meet Ben Potts

Sno-Dak News - - Board Messages -

Get you sleds run­ning!!!

Hope­fully ev­ery­one is ready for snow be­cause I sure am!! That means the snow­mo­bile sea­son will soon be upon us! The Snow­mo­bile North Dakota con­ven­tion just wrapped up on Novem­ber 1st up in the great city of Minot, so now it is time to start get­ting your snow­mo­bile ready for the sea­son if you have not al­ready done so.

Here are some things you need to make sure you have on your snow­mo­bile be­fore you ride:

• Any snow­mo­bile be­ing driven on pub­lic land is re­quired to be reg­is­tered with the ND Depart­ment of Trans­porta­tion. Reg­is­tra­tion fee is $40 paid ev­ery 2 years. Place your reg­is­tra­tion stick­ers on either side of your snow­mo­bile in a place that is vis­i­ble. • Any out-of-state snow­mo­bile be­ing driven on pub­lic land is re­quired to pur­chase and carry with them the out-of-state pub­lic trails and lands ac­cess per­mit. This per­mit is $15 and is avail­able to pur­chase on­line at and click on On­line Ser­vices. • Any snow­mo­bile be­ing driven on any por­tion of the state snow­mo­bile trail sys­tem is also re­quired to have liability in­sur­ance on the snow­mo­bile and carry proof of in­sur­ance with them.

Don’t for­get that any­one 12 and older, who does not have a valid driver’s li­cense, is re­quired to have a snow­mo­bile safety cer­ti­fi­ca­tion card ob­tained through one of our safety cour­ses. Tari has been work­ing hard at sched­ul­ing cour­ses so check for one in your area by vis­it­ing www. or watch for SND con­stant con­tact no­tice.

If you have any other ques­tions, please feel free to call me at 701328-5357.

Be safe and see you out on the trails when the snow flies!!!!



Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.