Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Oct. 21.
Editor’s note: Because of a production error, the answer to question 10 of last week’s quiz was incorrect. The correct question and answer are:
10. President Donald Trump recently referred to which woman as “horseface” on Twitter?
A. Elizabeth Warren. B. Hillary Clinton.
C. Stormy Daniels.
D. Nancy Pelosi.
1. Space agencies from what two places sent probes into orbit for a join mission to Mercury?
A. United States and Rus
B. Russia and Japan. C. Japan and Europe. D. Europe and United States.
2. Native American groups responded harshly to Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s pronouncement of her DNA heritage, saying that tribal groups determine citizenship and tribal lineage. What tribe did Warren identify with? A. Sioux.
3. For four consecutive years, this state has come in last in a list of states that tourists want to visit.
A. Iowa. B. Arizona. C. Idaho. D. Nebraska.
4. Which former Supreme Court justice recently revealed a dementia diagnosis?
A. Sandra Day O’Connor.
B. Anthony Kennedy.
C. David Souter.
D. John Paul Stevens.
5. According to a recent Gallup poll, the majority of which group(s) thinks marijuana should be legal?
D. All of the above.
6. President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. will be withdrawing from the landmark Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, which was signed by which U.S. president?
A. Gerald Ford.
B. Ronald Reagan.
C. George H.W. Bush.
D. George W. Bush.
7. One ticket sold where won the record $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot? Only one other lottery, a Powerball in 2016, had a higher prize.
A. North Dakota. B. South Dakota. C. North Carolina. D. South Carolina.
8. What person was awarded the Kennedy Center’s 21st annual Mark Twain Prize?
A. Stephen Colbert.
B. Tina Fey.
C. Julia Louis-Dreyfus
D. Carol Burnett.
9. President Trump has vowed to cut off aid to three Latin American nations, in frustration as a growing caravan of migrants heads for the U.S. border. Where did the caravan originate?
C. El Salvador.
10. More than 2,000 volunteers answered a call to help search for a missing 13-year-old whose parents were gunned down in their home where?
Thousands of Central American migrants continue their journey toward the U.S. border.