City approves plan for new signal
The Duluth City Council recently approved plans for a new traffic signal at the intersection of Rogers Bridge Road and Main Street. Improvements to the intersection are included in the city’s current SPLOST list in an agreement with Gwinnett where the county will pay 81 percent of the project cost and Duluth the remaining 19 percent.
The city evaluated three potential solutions to improve or mitigate the sight distance issues at the intersection.
After weighing all the factors including price, time to complete the projects, and public input, the preferred option is the traffic signal. The project will now move forward with negotiating the scope, schedule, and fee for the remaining design.