How they fared
Beat Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 78-0. Next: Friday vs. St. Joe’s at New Era Field, 7 p.m.
Beat Orchard Park, 43-20. Next Saturday at Niagara Falls, noon.
Beat Iroquois, 49-17. Next Friday vs. Hamburg, 7 p.m. Beat Perry Traditional Academy (Pa.), 42-0. Next Saturday vs. McKinley, 1 p.m. Lost to V-Aquinas, 65-56. Canisius at New Era Field, Next Friday vs. 7 p.m.
Beat North Tonawanda, 55-27. Next Friday vs. Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
Lost to Walsh Jesuit (Ohio), 34-14. Next Saturday at V-Aquinas, 1 p.m.
Beat Niagara Falls, 40-14. Next Friday vs. Orchard Park, 7 p.m.
Beat Kenmore West, 48-44. Next Friday at Williamsville East, 7 p.m.
Lost to Williamsville East, 27-24. Next Friday vs. Grand Island, 7 p.m.
Beat Pioneer, 36-0. Next Friday at Alden, 7 p.m. Beat East Aurora/ Holland, 49-6. Next Friday vs. Olean, 7:30 p.m. Beat Olean, 29-14. Next Friday vs. Burgard/MST, 7 p.m. Lost to Newfane, 34-6. Next Friday vs. Lackawanna, 7:30 p.m. Lost to Franklinville/Ell., 26-6. Next Friday at Chautauqua Lake, 7 p.m. Lost to Lackawanna, 24-7. Next Friday vs. Cheektowaga, 7 p.m. Beat AlleganyLimestone, 38-0. Next Saturday at Cleveland Hill, 2 p.m.
Beat Maple Grove, 26-6. Next Friday vs. Salamanca, 7 p.m. Lost to Maryvale, 29-14. Next Friday at Dunkirk, 7:30 p.m. Beat Alden, 24-7. Next Friday at Medina, 7:30 p.m.
• Joe Andreessen rushed for two touchdowns, finished with nine tackles, a half a sack and blocked a field goal for Lancaster during a 43-20 win over Class AA rival Orchard Park.
• In the same game, Ben Damiani returned a pick-six 30 yards, blocked a kick, made nine tackles, including three for losses and recorded a sack for Lancaster.
• Matt Myers of West Seneca West passed for 290 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 124 and two scores in the Indians’ 49-17 win at Iroquois.
• Maurice Robertson threw touchdown passes of 52, 50 and 25 yards for Sweet Home in a 48-44 comeback win over Kenmore West. Sam Roby rushed four times for 139 yards and two touchdowns for the Panthers.
• Joe Shifflet’s 60-yard catch-and-run touchdown gave Williamsville East a 27-24 comeback win over Williamsville South.
• Semaj Clemons ran for 150 yards and two touchdowns to lead Bennett’s 44-8 rout of Lockport.
• D’Jae Perry rushed 10 times for 243 yards and four TDs and made eight tackles in St. Mary’s 27-7 win over reigning Section V Class C champion Bishop Kearney.
• Aaron Wahler ran for 139 yards and three touchdowns for Cleveland Hill in a 30-26 comeback win over V-University Prep.
• Anthony Robinson rushed 12 times for 150 yards and two touchdowns as unbeaten Starpoint won, 55-27, at North Tonawanda.
• Burgard improved to 2-1 with a win over Lew-Port as Tony Maple passed for 175 yards and two touchdowns.
• Jake Sarow rushed for 181 yards and two touchdowns as Akron defeated Wilson, 28-21.
• Nathan Murdie threw four touchdowns and ran for another in Kenmore East’s 36-30 win over Amherst.
Western New York’s biggest rivalry is renewed, except this time it’s under the Friday Night Lights, as Canisius takes on St. Joe’s at New Era Field at 7 p.m. Also Friday: Williamsville East hosts the first game at its remodeled facility with unbeaten Sweet Home serving as the opponent; Defending Section VI Class B champion Dunkirk hosts Olean; unbeaten Maryvale hosts Burgard. In Class AA, Orchard Park will play at Williamsville North. On Saturday, Southwestern visits Cleveland Hill in a rematch of last year’s Class C title game, while South Park hosts McKinley at All High Stadium in Class A South.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games. Check out photo galleries from this weekend’s games and look at past galleries capturing riveting images from training camps as teams prepared for the 2017 season.