More charges de­lay sen­tence in Pendle­ton man’s sex cases

The Buffalo News - - LOCAL NEWS -

Christo­pher M. Wright, the Pendle­ton man whose at­tempt to avoid ar­rest on child mo­lesta­tion charges caused a lock­down at Star­point schools last year, re­fused to come from Ni­a­gara County Jail to County Court for sen­tenc­ing Tues­day.

Judge Matthew J. Mur­phy III, how­ever, said he would have post­poned sen­tenc­ing any­way, since two more sex­ual abuse cases are pend­ing against Wright.

The judge said he in­tends to im­pose a state prison term on Wright for the first case. That would be a max­i­mum of four years, but As­sis­tant Pub­lic De­fender David E. Black­ley said he needs to talk to Wright about plea of­fers in the other two cases that could add as much as 14 years to the sen­tence. An­other court date was set for Nov. 28.

– Thomas J. Pro­haska

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.