Toddler overdosed on drugs, police say
TOLEDO — Police said hospital workers used three doses of the overdose drug naloxone to revive a 1½-yearold boy who tested positive for opioids.
The child’s mother told police in Toledo that her older son saw the toddler put a bag in his mouth that he found at a neighborhood park.
She said the toddler then took a nap Tuesday and that she found him unresponsive. Police said the boy was treated at a hospital and admitted to its intensive care unit.
A Toledo police spokesman said offi cers are investigating how the child overdosed and how he got the drugs. They did not say what type of drug the boy ingested.