10 Holiday Kitchen helpers
Play it cool this holiday season with al the hot cooking accessories
The arrival of crisp weather, shorter daylight hours and falling leaves in vivid autumnal hues are all signs that the holiday entertaining season is just around the bend. Bringing together friends and loved ones for a delicious meal is a great way to get into the spirit of the season. Whether you enjoy hosting formal or impromptu get-togethers, a well-stocked kitchen can go a long way in helping to keep cooking and entertaining a stress-free and enjoyable experience. Here’s a list of the “top 10” cooking essentials to help you make the most of your time in the kitchen during the holidays.
1. The height of the holiday cooking season is no time to find out your cookware is in need of a makeover. Before the rush begins, take an inventory of your current assortment and consider upgrading to heavy-duty gourmet cookware. Infinite Circulon’s 10-piece cookware set, a hard-anodized nonstick cookware line that is both dishwasher safe and compatible with all types of stoves, including glass and induction cook tops, is a versatile choice. Constructed of durable, evenheating, hard-anodized aluminum, Infinite Circulon features a tough and easy to clean nonstick surface. And because it’s dishwasher safe, clean-up is easy, which means spending less time in the kitchen scrubbing and more time enjoying your guests.
2. When gearing up to prepare main dishes such as prime rib, Anolon Advanced Rectangular Contoured Roaster with Rack is an ideal pan to have on hand. Crafted with hardanodized aluminum construction, the Roaster heats quickly and evenly to ensure perfect roasting and gravy making. A heavy-duty non-stick interior saves time on clean-up and sturdy stainless steel side handles make lifting the pan to and from the oven a cinch.
3. Sometimes relying on a pop-up timer can yield an overor under-cooked turkey. Cooking times can also vary by oven, leaving you wondering, “Is it done yet?” BonJour’s Compact Meat Thermometer takes the guesswork out of cooking and allows you to monitor the inner temperature of poultry or meat without having to open the oven door. Simply select the type of meat you are preparing and desired doneness level. Then insert the stainless steel probe into the meat. An alarm will sound when the food reaches your desired temperature. In addition to offering preset temperature suggestions for different meats, the thermometer also has a memory function that allows you to program it to your taste.
4. Whether you need a sharp knife to slice through tender meats, quickly chop fresh vegetables or gently cut crusty homemade breads, Circulon Cutlery has a knife for the task. This collection of sleek, lightweight knives is innovatively designed for easy handling and stick-free cutting performance. Honed to maintain a long-lasting sharp edge, Circulon Cutlery is crafted from non-reactive, stain- and rust-resistant titanium-plated Japanese steel. Each knife features a combination of small holes and ridges in a row across the lower portion of the blade. This innovative design makes even the most stubbornly sticky foods slide off the blade cleanly and effortlessly. Consider adding three cutlery must-haves - an 8-inch chef, 31/2 -inch parer, 7-inch bread knife - to your holiday kitchen tools assortment.
5. To round out the perfect holiday meal, start with a fresh, crisp salad. BonJour’s Salad Chef Salad Dressing Mixer makes it easy to whip up homemade dressings that can turn a mundane head of lettuce into something extra special. This battery-powered, hand-held mixer emulsifies oil, vinegar and other ingredients within seconds. The mixing device rests securely on top of a specially designed glass carafe that features four easy to make salad dressings, such as Dijon vinaigrette, complete with measuring guidelines for each ingredient. To add a holiday flavor to salads, try recipes with ingredients such as cranberry, apple and blood orange.
6. Timing is always an issue when preparing a large holiday meal, and the simple goal of serving all foods warm at once can present a challenge. BonJour’s Stainless Steel Serveware pieces are ideal vessels to have on hand for serving foods at just the right temperature. Available in oval and round shaped, 2- and 3-quart sizes, including a retro-style divided dish, these attractive, insulated, stainless steel serving pieces can keep foods hot or cold for hours. For heating, simply fill with hot water to warm the dish before adding prepared food. As an alternative for cold foods, pre-chill the dish with ice water.
7. Before the holiday menu is planned, stock up on cooking tools to ensure you have an adequate supply for all the dishes you’ll be preparing. Anolon Nylon Kitchen Tools, designed with ergonomic, silicone rubber handles, stainless steel shafts and heat-resistant nylon tool heads, are available in a wide assortment of shapes and sizes, from slotted spoons, solid turners, and whisks to tongs and ladles.
8. When holiday preparations are in full swing, sometimes you just need to take a quick break from the hectic pace of shopping, decorating and cooking to relax and recharge. BonJour’s Hot Chocolate Maker lets you whip up creamy, rich-tasting hot chocolate, prepared easily and conveniently without saucepans or fuss. A decadent departure from traditional holiday eggnog, hot chocolate hits the spot and is a perfect way to get a quick “chocolate fix.” Just fill the Hot Chocolate Maker pot with milk and heat in the microwave until hot. Add chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings, powdered cocoa or chocolate chips. Place the lid on the ceramic pot, insert the mixing unit through the opening and press the button to perfectly blend the milk and chocolate. A delicious beverage for welcoming unexpected holiday guests, make hot chocolate extra special by letting each person customize their cup with gourmet marshmallows, drizzled caramel sauce, or peppermint stick stirrers.
9. Baking and cooking enthusiasts agree that the allin-one BonJour Double Boiler is an essential pot for making delicate sauces, gravies or melting chocolate or cheese, and eliminates the need to store and clean the two pans used in traditional double boilers. The 1.5-quart capacity, stainless steel Double Boiler holds one to 1.5 cups of water in its interior water chamber. To use, pour tap water into the handle opening using the supplied funnel, then place the pot on stove to heat water in the reservoir to a boil. A whistle will sound when the water is boiling and the double boiler is ready for use.
10. Baked gifts are a heartfelt gesture, especially during the holiday season. Before you begin to make the first batch of sugar cookies or savory appetizers, make sure you have the right bakeware pieces for each recipe. Circulon Bakeware is an excellent choice and features an ultra-durable nonstick surface to ensure release and effortless cleaning. The bakeware’s nonstick surface features Circulon’s state-of-theart nonstick system, which is comprised of high/low grooves that protect against abrasion from kitchen utensils. The complete collection includes all the pieces a baker might need, including cake, muffin, springform and loaf pans as well as large and small cookie sheets.
To learn more about making holiday entertaining easier - and merrier - visit, www.anolon.com, www.bonjour products.com, or www.circulon. com.