Great honeymoon hair can be yours
Foreign lands mean different rules for hair
Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas — these tropical paradises are some of the top honeymoon destinations for couples. Chances are, where there is soft, sandy beaches, palm trees swaying, and lush foliage, you’ll find newlyweds basking in the sun.
Carribbean, South Pacific, and Mediterranean getaways can be terrific for bonding and enjoying the first few days of romance as a married couple. But they can be challenging for women looking to maintain beautiful post-wedding hair. That’s because humidity and salt-filled breezes are as common in the tropics as picturesque sunsets and steel drum bands.
That’s why top celebrity hair stylist Ellin LaVar offers tips to fight frizz and make peace with hard to manage hair for your honeymoon.
• Don’t fight the texture. Choose a style that allows you to wear your hair naturally.
It will cut down on time and frustration. Your honeymoon should be carefree, not spent in front of a hotel mirror trying to tame your hair.
• When in doubt, braid it out. Braids are always fun and casual. Twist or braid hair at night after applying gel or setting lotion. Loosen in the morning for a soft, long-lasting wave.
• Where’s the curl, girl? Women with curly hair should embrace their natural hair texture. Use a product that is designed to combat frizz along with a product that enhances natural curl. Light styling gels like LiquidGlass or LiquidMotion from Ellin LaVar TexturesTM allow you to tame frizz without grease or heaviness.
• Twist and go. Chignons and messy buns are always a quick answer to brutal summer humidity. From the beach to an evening out on the town, twists, buns and ponytails can be adorned with flowers, jewelry and other fun accessories.
• Sun protection starts at the top. Don’t forget to protect hair from the sun! Apply a deep conditioner after swimming in chlorine or salt water and tuck under a hat. The heat will make the conditioner penetrate deeper and will keep hair from becoming dry and brittle.
Watch Ellin and her team in the hit original series, Hair Trauma, on WEtv. The Ellin LaVar TexturesTM collection is available exclusively at CVS/ pharmacy nationwide.