Spring cleaning can be fun
Tips on how to make seasonal cleaning less of a chore
Warmer weather may mean flowers in bloom and longer days, but with it comes grass stains on clothes, mildew, and muddy footprints on carpet. But with a job, a household and a family to manage, who has time to clean? Fear not. With a few handy tips from the makers of Greased Lightning multipurpose cleaner and degreaser, cleaning can be a breeze.
“Cleaning the house is a necessity, but it doesn’t have to take away time on the weekends that you would rather spend doing something fun with your loved ones,” says Helmut Baker, vice president of household chemicals at Homecare Labs, makers of Greased Lightning.
Greased Lightning offers these tips to make your chores go faster:
• Multitask. First, put a load of clothes into the wash and pre-treat the nastiest stains. Next, spray the bathroom sink, toilet, tub, tiles and shower curtain with a multi-purpose cleaner. While the cleaner attacks those stains, grab the vacuum. Then, wipe down the bathroom and switch out your laundry for the next load.
• No way around it, barbecues are a pain to clean. When you’re ready to cook, turn your grill on and let it come to full heat. Before cooking, take half an onion and rub it over the grill. When done cooking, repeat with the other onion half. This prevents that built-up gunk on your grill and allows your food to cook evenly.
• Open that fridge; toss any old food and containers and be sure to wipe down the shelves. Next, load up the dishwasher and don’t forget about the sponges. Sponges are a hangout for contaminates and can easily spread germs to other parts of the kitchen — sticking them in the dishwasher keeps them fresh and clean.
• Wipe down your countertops and cupboards to make them shine. Look for tough spots like wine stains or syrup that can seep into cracks and corners, leaving a yucky mess. And finally, before you mop, do yourself a favor and skip the broom. The vacuum is an easy way to pick up anything hiding on your kitchen floor.
• An effective way to save time with your chores is to use one multipurpose product, such as Greased Lightning. Effective on most surfaces, Greased Lightning cleans clothing stains, carpet stains, pet stains, kitchens, bathrooms and even patio furniture. For more information and cleaning tips, visit www.greased-lightning.com.
Spring fling: Some products can help you and your family save time when spring cleaning.