Artists showcase work at annual Artful Harvest awards
The awards presentation for SHA’s annual Artful Harvest visual arts exhibit, sponsored by United Bank, was held at the Newton County Library Thursday evening, Sept. 13. The judging was conducted by acclaimed artist Thomas Reis, currently residing in Atlanta.
Southern Heartland Arts, Inc. awarded monetary prizes Best in Show, for first, second and third place in each of two categories, 2D and 3D, four honorable mentions, and gift certificates were given to junior artist winners. A gift certificate was also given for “People’s Choice,” voted on by visitors to the library show.
All monetary prizes were provided through the generosity of our show sponsor United Bank of Covington.
SHA would like to thank the women of the Heartland Woman’s Club who once again hosted our awards reception.
The winners are:
● Best in Show: “Angel Death” Sculptured marble by Ray Salvatore of Stockbridge
● 2D 1st Place: Joe Don Willis for “Bouganvillias, Portugal” Photography
● 2nd Place: Linda Pflug for “Chicken, Chicken Chicken Egg Chicken” a Pastel
● 2rd Place: Cindy Murphy, for “Whitetail” an Oil
● 3D 1st Place: “Lizards Together” by Rebecca Braswell, Clay
● 2nd Place: “Mermaids,” marble sculpture by Ray Salvatore
● 3rd Place: “Crucifix,” Metal Art by Richard Sells
● Honorable Mentions: Elise Hammond, Kris Bliss, John Duke and Susan Pelham.