1) Gene Kelly had one of his first important film roles in the 1943 musical “DuBarry Was a Lady,” co-starring with what two red-haired comedy legends?
2) Kelly thought he had a surefire hit when he signed to star in the lavish 1948 musical “The Pirate,” but the production hit stormy seas when his unstable leading lady thought the director was favoring Kelly in their scenes. Who was the temperamental actress?
3) “Anchors Aweigh” brought Kelly his only Oscar nomination as best actor as well as a memorable number with what animated dance partner?
4) Kelly played one of three sailors going “On the Town” in the movie musical of that title. What “town” was it?
5) What American composer wrote the music that was used in the 17-minute title ballet in “An American in Paris”?
6) Cyd Charisse starred with Kelly in what 1954 musical set in an enchanted Scottish village?
7) What 1952 Kelly classic chronicles the efforts of a studio to salvage an expensive silent flop by turning it into a lavish musical?
8) In 1962, Kelly played Father Chuck O’Malley in a TV series based on the 1944 movie “Going My Way.” Who had played Father Chuck in that original movie?
9) Kelly directed Barbra Streisand in what overblown 1969 movie musical?
10) Muses and roller disco somehow collided in what 1980 Kelly musical, widely regarded as a classic turkey?
Xanadu”“10) Dolly!” Hello,“9)
Crosby Bing 8) Rain” the in Singin’“7)
Brigadoon”“6) Gershwin George 5) York New 4)
Jerry”) & Tom(“mouse the Jerry 3)
Garland Judy 2) Skelton Red and Ball Lucille 1)