1. Christopher Columbus mistook a manatee for amermaid. While the explorerwas sailing in 1493, he thought he saw three mermaids nearwhich present-day country in the Greater Antilles— Dominican Republic or Trinidad and Tobago?
2. Peacocks can fan out their tail feathers as wide as a sofa. Peacocks are the national bird ofwhich country that borders the Laccadive Sea— Pakistan or India?
3. Which island is not an overseas department of France— Martinique, Tasmania or Réunion?
4. Which archipelago is not located in Asia— Indonesia, Bahamas or the Philippines?
5. Saint Basil’s Cathedral, an Orthodox church, stands on Red Square next to the Kremlin in which city?
6. Which city in British Columbia is home to 1,000-acre Stanley Park, which includes forest trails, lakes and beaches?
7. The Plaza de la Revolucíon, where former President Fidel Castro made many speeches, is an iconic site in which Caribbean capital city?
8. The Azadi Tower and Square marks the west entrance of which Middle Eastern city nearMount Damavand?
9. Hainan, an island located east of the Gulf of Tonkin, is part of what country?
10. What is the capital and principal city for the state ofWestern Australia?