Work together, Colo. legislators
In an election year marked by partisan extremes, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper called for collaboration in his State of the State address last Thursday, to fully fund education and expand our highway system.
How sad the present system is when one side of the aisle stands applauding, while the other side is mostly sitting and quiet. What a awful rift of political posturing.
I must remind our legislators, Republican and Democrat alike, that they were not elected by 100 percent of their voting constituents in their respective districts. If you were elected by 60 percent of your constituents, then good for you, but you still have the other 40 percent to consider.
This is what our governor meant when he asked for collaboration and fair- mindedness for the people of Colorado. We expect you to work for all of us.